Tour de France 2019 🚲 ⛰ 🌬 🤖 🇫🇷 💉

he’s one of those people i’d walk past in the street if he wasn’t wearing a bike helmet

1 Like

A Frenchman in Yellow on Bastille Day eh.

Also sounds like Alaphilippe did a deal with Pinot for him to gain maximum time bonuses in return for Pinot’s help in securing the yellow jersey

And absolutely love this

https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/1150078127856652288

4 Likes

might be my favourite pro. what a beast.

Cant believe it took him 3 seconds. Loser.

2 Likes

Cracking pic

https://twitter.com/pimentanuno/status/1150118612742680577

6 Likes

5 Likes

Jfc, Kirby made a Zakarin/saccharine pun. Fuck off

Can’t believe he has it set to miles and not KM

1 Like

If @anon50098204 has taken the screen shot and has his strava set to miles and ft, that’s how it appears. I’d be amazed if TDG has his Strava set to miles

1 Like

matt was talking about thewarn

2 Likes

Thewarn is Thomas de Gendt? Makes total sense now. Explains the panniers on the DIS Bikewanker surrey hills ride. Was bikepacking back to Cambridge

2 Likes

thomas de fens?

:grimacing:

1 Like

Di Marchi out of the race. Big crash results in deep facial cuts. Off to hospital. Offredo has also crashed and way off the back. He struggled to make time yesterday, and could be even worse off today

This is more like it.

Absolutely not the done thing for anything at all to happen on a Sunday stage when everyone can actually watch. Glad that I’ve just watched 4 hours of the pro peleton having a chat with each other at le tour.

Proper order has been resumed - we were in serious danger of a stage race breaking out over the last week or so.

Best bit of the day was Sagans video blog, to quote :

“yeah I was supposed to film something for you guys but after the stage I was absolutely fucked so I didn’t”

3 Likes

Haha

4 Likes

Still no way he’s finishing in paris

I hope he does, kinda hope he’s nowhere near the podium so folk can stop banging on about his chances when he does well in a Tirreno or Dauphine or Romandie or something.

Good rider but a moany wee bastard.

1 Like

At times I do feel a bit sorry for him and think maybe he’s just really unlucky.

But then his demeanour and the way he talks about his chances is so far from that of a ‘winner’ that (as you said) I just wish they’d stop putting him up there as a GC contender just because he wins on Willunga Hill every year.

1 Like