Tour de France 2019 🚲 ⛰ 🌬 🤖 🇫🇷 💉

I know I’m out of my depth here, but I think Millar’s objection was that by dropping back to Landa they were making an effort to bring the group back to the leaders, which would have been against Quintana’s agenda?

Yep, totally. The perils of dual/triple leadership. Quintana gained time, but his team could have wiped that gain out if Landa had been towed back.

In other news, Buchmann is doing a Zubeldia, sitting pretty in 5th after the first week

1 Like

I frigging love echelons

Great to see the yellow jersey hammering it on the front

1 Like

Absolutely brutal

How did sunweb fuck that up?

1 Like

Love wva.

Cant believe ewan hasnt won a stage yet.

No doubt Alaphilippe is in for the gc now. How the hell couldnt he be??

He must be. Just untested at GC level in the high mountains. Have a feeling he’ll come unstuck on the Tourmalet stage. He has no team for support, apart from Mas

france just posted this

3 Likes

Apparently FDJ, Fuglsang and Porte went the slower way round a roundabout and dropped from 20th to 60th place and found themselves in the wrong position when Ineos/DQS put the hammer down. What Bennet was doing getting bottles when 4th on GC is beyond me

1 Like

How did ef go from leading the charge to seeing uran dropped? Lot of teams with questions to answer tonight

aha, didn’t clock that, ta.

They drilled it on the front to form an echelon, didn’t work, and probably regrouped in the middle of the bunch just when the counter attack happened.

In other news, this is Laurens Ten Dam’s last season. Retiring at the end of the season. He’ll make a good DS

can i post the photo?

Such a beast

always liked him for no other reason than he was one of the OG strava pros

1 Like

thought today was the rest day, but no it’s tomorrow when i’m back at work

who organised this shambles

If quintana super domestiques him up some mountains then maybe??

Disclaimer as always I know nothing of what I talk about.

And you think I do?

1 Like