Tours you're sick to have missed/be missing

Ah man, Deerhunter ATP was truly the best.

First term at Bristol uni 1991 - Nirvana at the Bierkeller touring Nevermind

Second term at Bristol uni 1991 - Smashing Pumpkins at the Bierkeller touring Gish

Both great but lets not even pretend between ourselves which was better

1 Like

Wish I’d been to more ATPs. Th Explosions In The Sky, Pavement and Dinosaur Jr/Sleater-Kinney/The Shins ones mostly.

Yes, according to the Last.fm entry for it! I honestly couldn’t remember.

1 Like

That was brilliant. The weather was fantastic which really made it.

2 Likes

Snap. Couldn’t convince anyone from school to go to this, and was not a confident enough teen to go by myself :-1:

1 Like

never gonna get over Kate Bush, never ever ever

My work had a stand at Wireless in 2007, in the little marketplace outside the main arena. So I got to go for free (great) but ended up getting stiffed by the rota and ended up having to man the stand during Daft Punk’s set. Obviously didn’t get a single visitor so I just sacked it off and went to catch the last 20 minutes or so.

This is one of the things we’re asking fans to comment on (how often they miss tours) in our 1-min fan survey - be great if anyone can fill it out for us: SURVEY

It’s the most frustrating thing for me to miss the bands I love. I used to rely on NME and Melody Maker back in the good old days!

Me too! :slight_smile:

I missed Shack’s (led by the genius that is Michael Head) final London gig in 2007(ish) with a dose of the galloping shits.
Also missed School of Seven Bells (stuck at work) and Secret Machines (sold out before I knew about the gig), although the dumbest decision was swerving a Go-Betweens gig in Birmingham because there was a curfew on it and I couldn’t be bothered because they were back touring so were bound to return…

I was 16 and in the throes of indie so went to the Kaiser Chiefs day like an absolute fucking plum. Didn’t even know who Daft Punk were:

To be fair I had an excellent time

I remember being desperate to go and see Whiteout with Oasis supporting in Inverness in 1994. Only one of my mates could drive and he wasn’t up for it. Never thought of the bus or the train.

I remember talking up the idea of going to this. It never happen.

Looking back I really feel this could have changed my listen habits massively as the only band off the line up that I was into was Blur. My young and impressionable mind would have been blown away by My Bloody Valentine!

…I started listening to My Bloody Valentine 20 years later…

1 Like

I went to that!

First time ever at the Brixton Academy. We had seats upstairs, and we weren’t impressed with the view, so we asked the bouncer how to get into the stalls. He told us to give him a quid each and he let us in.

Still one of my favourite gigs of all time.

Whitley Bay Ice Rink, fantastic.

This show from DC in 1985:

Dead Kennedys

Butthole Surfers

Rites of Spring

Another DC one from’82:

Minor Threat

Faith

Scream

Void

And that Botch, Jesuit, Dillinger tour must have been pretty special.

Would have loved to have seen any of these.

2 Likes

Only been to the 9:30 once - to see Battles - but what a venue! It seems to have so many amazing gigs in its history. DC has some great venues. Impressed with the Black Cat too!

Nirvana at Reading in ‘92. Mother said I was too young. Attempted to appease my 13 yr old self by saying I would have many more opportunities to see them. Remains a ‘humerous’ Christmas table talking point to this day.

My brother left early as the weather had become a test of endurance and he too assumed he’d get another chance