Tracks to add to a playlist alongside Flagpole Sitta, Inside Out & The Distance

Played these three for my daughter and wasn’t sure where to go next. Recall stuff like Skinny’s Failure and Midfield General being about at the same time but both are a bit different.

@xylo? @Owensmaterob?

No shit suggestions like You Get What You Give please.

The first five that popped into my head and felt right:

Fastball - The Way

Fuel - Shimmer

God Lives Underwater - From Your Mouth

Wallflowers - One Headlight

Spacehog - In the Meantime

2 Likes

Lit’s My Own Worst Enemy is probably a good pick but I think it’s kind of shit outside of the riff.

1 Like

I only know Spacehog of the five you posted so maybe the others didn’t make as much of a splash over in the UK.

But good call as I am a fan of In the Meantime, possibly because I’m also a massive Penguin Café Orchestra fan.

And yeah, I really hated Lit’s songs but it is a decent riff. I seem to recall they had another song from an animated film that drove me mental due to grating so much

1 Like

I not quite sure what you’re after, but if I’ve understood it correctly, then Diamonds and Guns would fit

Well, since you asked - this is a playlist I made several years ago when I was in this very mood

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3UKnVTf6gjrhKIhuoCV0dc?si=KSiARJnhQn2zl0cHuzsrxQ

1 Like

Presidents of USA - Lump

6 Likes

Parklife

1 Like
5 Likes

Try again

The gold standard of this stuff, surely

2 Likes

Del Amitri - Nothing Ever Happens
Semisonic - Closing Time
Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy
James - Tomorrow
Ben Folds - Rockin The Suburbs

I do not recognise the name but I’ll have a listen later to see

Ah yeah but I guess I see them as a current album band so hadn’t considered that.

Ben Folds is a good shout actually

1 Like

Diamonds and Guns by the Transplants?!?

Oh! This

4 Likes

Yes. If I’ve interpreted what Theo wants correctly.

(poppy american guitar-based stuff that would have got on MTV2’s daytime playlist, but was never critically lauded, or really part of the emo/pop-punk scene)

1 Like