Tracks to run to - suggestions please

I’ve started running again and realised that what I’m listening to has a massive impact on how much I enjoy the run. I basically hate running, but want to stay fit, so I now have convinced my brain that I’m not running, but listening to music. It just happens that whilst I’m listening to the music, my legs are moving fast.
Lots of playlists for running on Spotify etc, but I find them all really dull. I like a bit of a dance beat as much as the next person, but there’s only so much Calvin Harris produced R 'n B/Rap stuff I can stomach.
So, I’d like suggestions of good, upbeat, songs to put on my running list.
It seems to me that the quintessential song to run to is ‘Star Guitar’ by The Chemical Brothers, so if anybody can top that, great!

The Field. All of it.

Also Where You Go I Go Too is essential :ok_hand:

Might put together my old playlist tonight, will share if so (I think I can do that with spotify?)

worth noting that there are a few sites like this where you can search for tracks by bpm :thumbsup:

edit: you can’t search by bpm, ffs. this one, maybe?

Ooooh, Michael Cassette’s Zeppelin is a great trance track for this, used to help me out in a jam. Also deadmaus has a couple of winners in the form of Faxing Berlin and I Remember.

:grinning: :grinning:

Snooze4love by Todd Terje is a great mid run zone out. Loads of stuff of Its album Time would be good.

Pachanga Boys -Time (any excuse to rec. this its fucking AMAZING)

A few years back i lost about 15kgs when my get-fit regime coincided with a Dillinger Escape Plan phase.

Used to absolutely belt it around the park listening to Calculating Inifinity, Miss Machine and Ire Works.

Proper angry running, shed those pounds, fight that flab. Job done.

To be fair though… nearly lost my footing a few times with some of those tempo changes.

Shame on you!

Running tune with built-in body shaming, ideal

Yep. This is the only answer.

I’ve been having a classy upbeat jog recently to Donald Fagen’s Kamakiriad. It’s got a bit of a narrative about him driving his futuristic car which helps take my mind off the fast legs thing

This is pretty theoretical because I don’t run, but always thought some instrumental surf would be ideal for exercise, early man or astroman

Great suggestions so far, thanks!
My current running playlist for a 60min run is;

We Share The Same Skies - The Cribs
Star Guitar - The Chemical Brothers
W.T.P - Eminem
Throne - Bring Me The Horizon
Radio Nowhere - Bruce Springsteen
Black Skinhead - Kanye West
Modern Love - David Bowie
Mountain At My Gates - Foals
What I’ve Done - Linkin Park
Not In Love - Crystal Castles/Robert Smith
Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais remix) - Lana Del Rey
Makers Mark - The D.O.T
Tap Out - The Strokes
Strangelove - Depeche Mode
We Walk - The Ting Tings
Stylo - Gorillaz

Some off my playlist from the top of my head…
TVOTR - Wolf Like Me
LCD Soundsystem - Movement
Underworld - Rowla
NIN - Survivalism
Tricky - Black Steel
Sleater Kinney - Entertain
Fuck Buttons - Olympians

Messed up my original post, so here it is again. Top running tracks for me:

Caribou - After Hours
Thee Oh Sees - The Dream
Four Tet - Pinnacles

If you want to feel cultured and all that sort of thing:

Live albums by dance acts are perfect for running - they are usually a continuous mix and the crowd cheering only enhances the experience.

Justice - A Cross the Universe is probably the most played album on my iPod due to exercise (start at stress for a short run). See also Underworld and Daft Punk’s live albums.