Traditional Software

Is this the PS1 one? I think I had a demo that I remember mucking around on, slightly dismayed in the knowledge that anything I made would disappear into the aether

I’d love to hear it. Not even joking.

Christ this is beginning weird nostalgia, pretty sure I remember this screen but nothing about the game

1 Like

does anyone remember a trad software arcade football game where players would get power ups like HYPER SHOT and BANANA SHOT, and every so often a streaker would walk onto the pitch, make the referee faint, and you had free fouls while he was ko’d? i swear i didn’t hallucinate this.

1 Like

Haha, we had loads of these educational platformers (the first shareware parts anyway). I saw the preview screens for the other episodes and I remember wondering what they could have been like.

Shareware was great, you got an absolute shit load of the game for free

1 Like

Obviously Doom shareware Knee Deep In The Dead is the undisputed greatest and most important game of all time

3 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

What is this? Looks a tiny bit like Maniac Mansion

Reckon Winamp easily wins the thread. What a joy

1 Like

Hugo’s Horrific Adventure

1 Like

Not sure why it still sticks in my mind but I made something that sounded like 65dos on MTV Music Generator 2 when I was about 13 (before they were a thing) and really annoyed I threw away the memory card.

1 Like

1 Like

Fucking loved Dance eJay

1 Like

Ah yes, you got the game breaking formation and everything! Won the Champions league with Hartlepool using that formation

1 Like

3 Likes

^DiS on Lynx

3 Likes

I still use Winamp on my work PC for playing MP3s. Without doubt the best music playing program ever created.

2 Likes
1 Like