Trail of Dead 2020: new album, tour, and set list (actually)

Extremely excited for tonight

I like So divided

Sunken Dreams is excellent

Thereā€™s a good EPs worth of songs on it but it was more the shows around that time just seemed tired and lazy

Saw them in Oxford on that tour and remains the best Iā€™ve seen them tbh. Although all I had to compare it to at that point was one of the infamous support slots with Audioslave.

1 Like

Lovely.

1 Like

remember when they toured with Dethklok?

Odd decisions then

Saw em in brum and they were bad, by far the worst ive seen them. Everyoneā€™s allowed an off night but they just seemed like they didnt care. Cant remember who was support but loads of people left meaning ToD played to a half empty room.

Had never heard of these but am now fascinated by this ā€˜melodic death metalā€™ band

Ouch. Got the impression that this tour may be their last but after reading that, who knows?

Theyā€™ve been recording a new LP and posting on Instagram about it.

1 Like

I caught them in Leeds, I thought they were great, really enjoyed them.

1 Like

Fun fact, our first show as Spoilers was at Brudenell, it was a disaster :joy:

Had a bloody ruddy great time last night, but there was something a little flat about it

The audience (about 3/4 full? Club Academy is deceivingly big) seemed a little off, but I put that down maybe to people wanting to actually listen to and experience the songs.

I think the band half into it, half not. Conrad and Jason seemed to be having a blast but the other 2 werenā€™t doing much. The guitarist basically stood there and strummed for the whole thing. When it was Kevin doing that, he got away with it because there were 5 other members, but now thereā€™s just 4, it did detract from the energy a bit

It was still fantastic fun though, I actually forgot how good Source Tags was

1 Like

I think this was true in Leeds as well but he was the other end of the stage from where I was stood so I didnā€™t really see him at all, so the band I saw were all having a bloody good time!

Quite jealous of you getting all of ST&C though, I couldnā€™t resist the meagre mosh pit when they played Another Morning Stoner!

I am quite surprised they are doing ST&C only in Manchester but Iā€™m not complaining! I also read an interview with Conrad (Noisy, Rank your Records) where he said he didnā€™t enjoy doing it before, didnā€™t get that impression last night though

yeah thats true

I think as well, theyā€™re not really a band who are going to pick up new fans unfortunately, so you are just going to get people there who have been fans for a while

Source Tags is 17 years old this month :sob:

Itā€™s very weird how this happens, like I knew someone who saw The Wombats this year and she was totally outnumbered by teenagers - so their music somehow didnā€™t get stuck with the people who were 20 when they first started but instead kept passing down to new younger fans. Same as when I saw Jamie T and from what Iā€™ve seen of the big Green Day concerts.

Obviously they are all more accessible and successful than ToD ever were which may explain it, but it still seems somewhat random to me which bands can just keep getting new fans vs which ones only hold onto their original, diminishing fanbase

1 Like

Blame pitchfork, never recovered from the 10/10 to a 4/10

4 Likes