Train guy why?!?!?

It was so wholesome

Is it all fake?
Why dude why

It’s fine.

2 Likes

I think his enthusiasm for trains is real, but I mean, did anyone think his real name was Francis Bourgeois?

1 Like

He’s a character man. Tellin ya

1 Like

For money I’d imagine.

3 Likes

This and the weird face camera thing were big signs.

I feel a bit uneasy about his shtick. Hard to tell if its well intentioned or ridiculing others.

2 Likes

I’ve been chatting to a girl lately who works on trains and she says they always see him so I don’t think he’s hanging around stations all day without actually liking them and not sure why him being into music means he’s fake but this is me hoping he’s not even after long suspecting he was because idk, if he’s faking the joy and all that I feel like he’s treading a bit of a shitty line…

Massive assumption here on my part but he acts just like my autistic friend - not sure anyone else agrees but enthusiasm in one subject like that and presenting it so so emphatically…well it feels a bit like something Ricky Gervais would do. Look at the funny man with his funny interests isn’t he SO PURE.

So, I’m hoping its real.

18 Likes

One of the all-time great French regen footballers, up there with Harchester United’s Didier Baptiste and Melchester Rovers’ Pierre Dupont

He’s not a real nerd because he

(checks notes)

makes electronic music?

This proves more than it disproves, lads

29 Likes

Also: take it from me, Boggy Can is the exact sort of track title / artist name you come up when you’re kind of a loner with a weird sense of humour

5 Likes

Does this mean Geoff Marshall is back to being the canon train guy? Or is there a vacancy?

Looks like railway infrastructure enthusiasm is back on the menu, boys

2 Likes

Even if it is all a lie, I’ll always be grateful for him at 3:02 getting graffiti of “FUCK” clearly displayed to millions on daytime television.

1 Like

His real name is Jack Proletariat

19 Likes

Democratise canon train guy status imo. There can be many. The more the better actually.

3 Likes

Tim Dunn ftw, imho

1 Like

pretty much

18 Likes

If not for being the sex president of Barnsley I’d want my DiS tagline to be Train Guy. even though I’m not a guy

3 Likes

The daft camera is obviously a bit for the Internet but I think he does actually like trains.

7 Likes

I remember the joy, back in about 1983, when I spotted the train 87016 “Sir Francis Drake”, the final 87 class train I had to see.

I understand the excitement this guy gets!

2 Likes

Think I’m just afraid that any internet thing at any time could be revealed to actually be a milkshake duck

7 Likes