Trains!!!

I think the computer break exacerbated what is already an absolute shambles of an operation

3 Likes

Dusty old shit box

I liked the Dog Train up the other end though

13 Likes

FTFY

8 Likes

I think the 08 class and 20 class trains are my favourite ever.

2 Likes

This is a trains x architecture post (is there an architecture thread?) but it’s the last day for New Street power signal box tomorrow

https://twitter.com/bbcmtd/status/1606207778078527488?t=ks1k2BdYrq50IbCW5PwWaA&s=19

Closing time for another of the city’s brutalist icons. This one is at least a listed building, so is hopefully safe from being rendered to dust. Don’t know what it’s future is but would make for a good museum rather than being left useless.

3 Likes

I travelled on that day and as a result got stranded in Doncaster. Of all the places you don’t want to be stranded… Doncaster is up there.

The lack of Yellow Warning Panels on trains is a change I cannot and will not ever agree to, no matter how mice the liveries end up.

Especially on legacy trains. Like the Class 43. Filthy muck without it.

Hell yeah

15 Likes

It also means headlights that scorch your retinas in the dark. Goes really well with the LED signals :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Caught the 90s train into town this morning

Bring that livery back imo

4 Likes
6 Likes

yeah always fancied one of those

1 Like

It’s going to be “luxury” flats, isn’t it?

Put me down for one

How do I get my hands on this?

(scrub that - they’re here: Desktop Departures – UK Departure Boards )

I’m on a train, Liverpool Central to West Kirby

Christ. Wasn’t expecting it to be £165!

5 Likes

Yep. 40ish maybe I would have been all in. That’s a lot for essentially a very cool novelty item.

I’ve been following them on Twitter for a while and they’ve had to put a picture with dimensions on the site. It’s 10 cm wide.

Which, if you’re expecting something like the ones in stations will be a shock.

2 Likes

Remember seeing a DIY project with (I think) a Raspberry Pi to make essentially this, no doubt would come to a lot less if you were handy enough

1 Like