Travel Insurance

Where do you get yours?

Get it with my bank account. £13 a month gets me travel insurance for me and rhe family, breakdown cover and mobile phone insurance.

1 Like

Coverwise, part of AXA. It’s worth taking an annual policy (we hope to make a couple of trips) as it’s often not much more than a single trip policy. Just check Defaqto and Trustpilot ratings in addition to price, the real test is when you have to make a claim.

1 Like

Get it with a bank account. It is good.

1 Like

Had it free with my Nationwide account for nearly 20 years…they’re ending it in 2023. :relieved:

1 Like

going to Berlin this weekend and my mum talked me into getting Travel Insurance which i never would have considered bothering with. but i did a search online and it was only like £2 from Tesco for the 3 days i’m away, or something like £6.84 when i added phone/‘gadget’ cover it.

3 Likes

It can be remarkably cheap and it’s essential (particularly now we don’t have EU EHICs anymore) - there used to be a dodge where you could buy one day of travel insurance for a quid and qualify for Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 film tickets for a year).

2 Likes

The GHIC is a like for like replacement of the EHIC, although it covers fewer countries. However, either card was/is not a replacement for travel insurance.

2 Likes

flying on an Irish passport so don’t know if that makes any difference to any of this EU stuff (I don’t travel much)

I used to use these lot before I got put on the TV’s account.

Cheap and cover things like winter sports and SCUBA to 40m. You know, the important stuff.

Had to renew mine recently; it’s got a huge Union Flag all over it. I can imagine feeling mildly embarrassed presenting that to people abroad

Add me to the monthly fee bank account with travel insurance, mobile phone insurance and breakdown cover. I’ve just made a successful travel insurance claim, have claimed mobile insurance in the past and used the breakdown cover multiple times. It’s a boon (Mrs. B, Essex)

1 Like