Travelling for Work

nice. cool cave! I’ll take that :slight_smile:

do they drink beamish in Kilkenny? (would be stoked if they did)

I like travelling through airports on my own. It makes me feel like an IMPORTANT BUSINESSMAN.

1 Like

Often see nothing of the place I’m visiting because of tiredness/work to do. I’m making an effort on my foreign trips to go the day before to see some of the city.

Well I already know I’m an extremely important business person in the world of business so I don’t need that reassurance.

What’s everyone’s business chain hotel of choice?

I do, because the world sees me as a dynamic creative.

The nicest one I can get for less than €200 a night.

Also, I have to work in Glasgow once a month which means I get my expenses paid for a trip home to my family. Managed to organise Manchester pre Christmas and Glasgow post Christmas which means free trip home and mega mileage claim.

2 Likes

DiSers of business - do you travel wearing a suit?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

What are you expensing for a night at your mum’s?

Because ABANDON REPLY

Done it a wee bit.

Enough to know that the seats at the very begining and end of the Virgin East Coast trains are never pre-booked. Great for quiet times as you can get your quiet coach table seat. An absolute clusterfuck when its busy.

The BL has free lockers if you’re keen to offload some baggage before boarding a train from KX/StP

I kind of get gentleman’s clubs now (not the stripper ones) and their reciprocal arrangements with clubs in different cities. Sometimes you want to sit somewhere cosy in the evening that isn’t a hotel room but it wouldn’t be as weird in a pub to to just read a book / paper.

Expenses policy is basically “don’t take the piss”.

:roll_eyes:

I can’t claim for staying there although I have thought about setting them up as an airbnb for that reason. I balance not claiming for hotels and meals with claiming £375 in petrol for every trip.

2 Likes

same. only been called up about expenses once and that was because i hadn’t claimed enough money.

1 Like

Yeah same. Although I’m currently sorting out a hotel charging me €198 for a meal I didn’t eat.

(wasn’t hungry)

See I absolutely hate that, I need rules to live my life by dammit

I do end up not claiming for lots of meals because I don’t want to have to worry about if I’m taking the piss or not.

I’m balancing out my colleague who expenses 17p in fuel for driving from his house to the train station.

nice getting chauffeured about and living on expenses etc but ultimately i hate airports and never get much time to explore so usually just means same old shite in a slightly different place.

asciishrug.jpg

Doing it once in a while to a nice location for a conference or something? Yeah why not.

Regularly? Nah it’s fucking shit. Really shit. People sell in “my job lets me travel all over the world!!” as a Good Thing but the reality is you’re just shuttled in and out of Hotel Ibis’s and they are bleak as.

2 Likes