4. Can’t Hardly Wait (Tim version)
  5. Waitress in the Sky
  6. Swingin’ Party
  7. Bastards of Young
  8. Nowhere is my Home
  9. Left of the Dial
  10. Little Mascara
  11. Here Comes a Regular

Cuts out the two thrashy rock songs which I’ve never liked, and adds the best version of Can’t Hardly Wait and another strong outtake.

Would probably be their best album like this. As it is, Let it Be is superior.

1 Like

I find The Suburbs a weird one, cos I feel like a few songs on it are skippable at a time, but that quite often depends on my mood at the time, so I always struggle with editing it down. Apart from Rococo, which has the worst of Win’s “The kids, they like the gadgets and the fidget spinners, but they don’t like the tools and talking to each other” tendencies…

Honesi can’t really believe anyone’s talking about trimming the fat off a very short 8 track album.

Hail to the Thief is the obvious overlong Radiohead album that needs kicking into shape.

Definitely Maybe

Just delete Shakermaker from it and reality.

Battles’ Gloss Drop:

Remove tracks Toddler, Rolls Bayce and White Electric and it’s an amazing 10/10 album.

That’s one of the best songs on there!

4 Likes

Gonna throw my hat into the ring to defend We Suck Young Blood…great song, nice little breakdown, good atmosphere…better than the bloody gloaming

2 Likes

yeah, on another day i might have included 'Bells Of War, it maybe drags a little bit but it’s a good track.

The real problem with trimming HTTT is there aren’t really any weak songs. None are favourites for me but they’re all very good RH songs. There are just too many of them.

1 Like

Couple Of Primal Scream albums…

Vanishing Point:-

basically leave off ‘Motorhead’ and ‘Medication’. They’re decent enough but they disrupt the mood of the album. ‘Out Of The Void’, ‘Stuka’, ‘Trainspotting’, ‘Long Life’… That’s a hell of a Side 2 to me.

XTRMNTR:-

Get rid of ‘Insect Royalty’, MBV Arkestra mix of ‘If They Move’, and the chem bros remix of ‘Swastika Eyes’ and there you have a brutal 8 track album which would be perfect IF they’d have recorded ‘Pills’ the way they played it live as an electro jazz funk monster instead of the comparatively limp hip hop version on the LP.

1 Like

Let’s try a rejig of Modest Mouse - We Were Dead…

Trim out some of the fluff and annoting James Mercer tracks, add in some No One’s First highlights

March Into The Sea
King Rat
Dashboard
Fire It Up
Parting of the Sensory
Whale Song
Missed the Boat
Fly Trapped in a Jar
Satellite Skin
Little Motel
Spitting Venom
People as Places as People
Invisible

1 Like

Its the last RH album that sounds like Radiohead to me…makes a nice curtain closer on part 1 of their career showcasing all their styles through the years…but i could easily lose backdrifts, the gloaming and myxomatosis and add gagging order instead

1 Like

Whisper it but

Take Common People & Disco 2000 off Different Class

I’d keep Insect Royalty, but apart from that I’m totally with you. The chemicals remix is almost the perfect example of “less than the sum of its parts”

2 Likes

Just overexposure though isn’t it? I never need to hear Common People again but it’s clearly wonderful. I might sub out the single version of Disco 2000 though - more interesting

1 Like

I was a massive Pulp fan at the time but hated Common People from the moment I heard it …and the full length 6min album version is a load of overblown nonsense

Also, it could have survived easily with a life of its own as a non-album track. I have skipped it since day 1

1 Like

Fair play. I was 12 when it came out and had never heard and Pulp before and hit absolutely nailed me. Despite it being everywhere forever I think I overplayed it to myself more than anything else. I understand though that if you’ve already heard Acrylic Afternoons and Razmataz then it probably sounded like a poppy retread.

Yeah, but also F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E. does that big anthemic chorus thing that CP does without any of the chip-on-shoulder bitterness and really should have been the centrepiece of Different Class because it’s definitely the high point and a cracking piece of work

just listening now and realise that Metronomy owe some royalties from The Look to F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E.

3 Likes

Cut it at Frank’s track and you’re onto something. Could maybe work the 30 Hours soundcloud version into the tracklist too

1. Ultralight Beam
  2. Father Stretch…
  3. Pt. 2
  4. Famous
  5. Feedback
  6. Highlights
  7. Waves
  8. 30 Hours (single version)
  9. FML
  10. Real Friends
  11. Wolves
  12. Frank’s Track