Tropical Fuck Storm (Rolling)

Loved Confidence Man live at APE last year. GBOAussies

Yeah, theyre so nuch fun live, saw tgem at Great Escape last year in a pub at 2pm and the place was wild, massive party despite the hangover slot

Yeah they were hangover slot at APE 2018 too, worried for their sakes that they’re getting a rep for being good pickmeups and getting unfairly low spots as a result

Tbf theyre headlining theor stages this time :slight_smile: they were still kinda new on the scene back then and didnt have their album out yet

Even better live than I’d expected.

Have to say, I expected them to play more new songs though.

1 Like

Album no. 2 announced, another new track

1 Like

consistently great artwork - love the cover for the new album

braindrops

5 Likes

One of those odd ones where all the individual elements are a bit shit, but the overall look is great.

1 Like

1 Like

Album’s out

1 Like

Top class

The Happiest Guy Around is one of the catchiest songs I’ve ever heard. I love how they’re so bleak but can instantly switch to something like that and it fits perfectly.

1 Like

Loved the first album.
Just listened to this; love it too. Still properly weird.

I mostly listen to electronica and hip hop these days - rare to find a guitar band that pleases me as much as these guys do.

Playing Manchester in November :partying_face:

1 Like

Not feeling this one as much as the first but maybe it just hasnt clicked yet.

1 Like

Great chat on this podcast

Edit - go forward to about 14:50 to get through the drivel from the presenter

Paradise is one of my favourite songs of the year but the album does nothing for me, is the first one a bit more propulsive?

I think if you like Paradise it’s worth a shot, the opening song is very similar at least. Both are very bleak but overall I think the debut is louder and more aggressive, whereas the new one feels more like a continuous deflation with a few energetic moments that try to counter it. I love both, for what it’s worth.