Tropical Fuck Storm (Rolling)

Yeah, theyre so nuch fun live, saw tgem at Great Escape last year in a pub at 2pm and the place was wild, massive party despite the hangover slot

Tbf theyre headlining theor stages this time :slight_smile: they were still kinda new on the scene back then and didnt have their album out yet

Even better live than I’d expected.

Have to say, I expected them to play more new songs though.

1 Like

Album no. 2 announced, another new track

1 Like

consistently great artwork - love the cover for the new album

5 Likes

One of those odd ones where all the individual elements are a bit shit, but the overall look is great.

2 Likes

1 Like

Album’s out

1 Like

Top class

The Happiest Guy Around is one of the catchiest songs I’ve ever heard. I love how they’re so bleak but can instantly switch to something like that and it fits perfectly.

1 Like

Loved the first album.
Just listened to this; love it too. Still properly weird.

I mostly listen to electronica and hip hop these days - rare to find a guitar band that pleases me as much as these guys do.

Playing Manchester in November :partying_face:

1 Like

Not feeling this one as much as the first but maybe it just hasnt clicked yet.

1 Like

Great chat on this podcast

Edit - go forward to about 14:50 to get through the drivel from the presenter

Paradise is one of my favourite songs of the year but the album does nothing for me, is the first one a bit more propulsive?

I think if you like Paradise it’s worth a shot, the opening song is very similar at least. Both are very bleak but overall I think the debut is louder and more aggressive, whereas the new one feels more like a continuous deflation with a few energetic moments that try to counter it. I love both, for what it’s worth.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/events/rough-trade-east-tropical-fuck-storm

They’re playing Rough Trade East next Tuesday in case anyone fancies it.

Anyone going to the London show on fri? Cant convince any pals to see them again so soon

Tempted. Saw them yesterday. Great fun.

Ah nice, at rough trade? Wish i still worked in shitditch!