True Detective - S4 out now (Post 140 approx.)

3 eps in of the new series and it’s bloody excellent. Can’t wait for more

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m really enjoying this season. Not happy to be having to wait for a new episode

Seems to have finally got going in episode 3, although could have done without the ghost of Christmas past stuff. Stephen Dorff’s character didn’t seem to serve any purpose up until now, but at least he got to do some stuff finally.

Overall, it has the dreamy quality that series 1 had that series 2 didn’t capture, but is still missing the chemistry between the two leads of series 1. Still the best thing I’m currently watching however…

His wig’s pretty bad though, innit.

I mean in 2019 how are we unable to produce a convincing wig?

i’ve really enjoyed this series so far, apart from that shit, i’m really hoping it doesn’t become a regular thing

This is the first season that I’ve watched. It seems to be overwhelmed by the sense of its own portentousness. And the way in which the later timeframes go out of their way not to ‘spoil’ the earlier-set scenes is ridiculous. Still going to watch, but it’s trying my patience.

started watching season 1. it’s ok but find the dialogue quite grating.

You’re gonna love season 2!

4 Likes

i actually kinda buy it from matthew mcconaughey, the worst stuff is between woody harrelson and his wife. ‘you’ve put a ceiling on your life’ ‘your life accommodates you’ uhh yeahhhhh okkkk

Oh goody!

:grinning: will be using this in future.

Season 1 is mostly about the direction imo

Should’ve just hired Kasabian for an hour, would’ve sorted that right out

4 Likes

wowe that ending

Series 2 is absolutely fucking shocking. Vince Vaughn is The Room levels of bad in it, I still quote him in it quite regularly. That bar with the awful singer in it. That bland man from Friday night lights. The impenetrable plot. Rachel McAdams toiling away thanklessly with the worst script ever written. “Everything’s fucking”. That Irish femme fatale character who had all her scenes ruined by Vince. Vince in the desert.
Bloody loved it, I think about it far more often than series 1.

3 Likes

think mcconaughbae has plugs IRL doesn’t he?

I thinking I’ve blanked out most of S2

Just want to say how pleased I am that Scoot McNairy is in series 3

this but fargo

No Fargo is the best

5 Likes

didn’t enjoy episode 3 at all but thought episode 4 got it back on track, i felt for sure that the scene with the crowd outside the old black guy’s house was going to turn into some one-shot shoot out and escape to rival the incredible biker gang scene from season 1 but was left disappointed