Trump 2019 Thread - Walls! Government shutdowns! Other stuff!

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Fair apology though:

2 Likes

oh my…

3 Likes

25 posts were split to a new topic: Venezuela - Maduro, US Meddling, etc

Do we need/want a separate Venezuela thread? This stuff is interesting but probably a little buried in the Trump thread. Could be split off maybe?

(Or possibly there is already such a thread.)

1 Like

On the subject of shut downs, the Hill link in this Tweet was coming up with Malware warnings but the relevant bit is in the image:

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1088607295423107072

So it looks like the shut down is just a huge political battle between Mitch McConnell and Trump right? MM can end the shut down by agreeing to the the terms from the other house but apparently his voters are mainly utterly mad Trumpers who would make sure he loses his seat next time round and is deselected…so he wants Trump to back down so that it’s all on Trump. Is that right?

Read back through and it seemed worth creating the new thread. @anon18868718 @profk et al, your posts are now here

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/venezuela-maduro-us-meddling-etc/34142

Hope that’s cool.

3 Likes

harris and biden seem the frontrunners rn. this is terrible for so many reasons. like harris is a cop and creepy joe is almost certainly going to get me too’d so hard. and these are the non-divisive candidates. either of these two ensure a trump victory in 2020.

Do you follow Respectable Lawyer? He’s very funny and I generally like his takes. Thought what he said about Harris was interesting (small thread):

I mean, there’s a lot of people who disagree with him there, but I get his view that of a list of bad options, she would be one of the better ones. Whether she could beat Trump though…

1 Like

We’re still at the stage where the frontrunner is whoever has most recently announced they’re running.

6 Likes

it’s harris and biden as heirs apparent, come on. i remember people pretending hillary might lost the primaries back in 2015. she was always nailed on for it, let’s be real.

it’s kamala or creepy joe. i would prefer kamala.

Lol just remembered that dildo RPG tweet, anyone remember that. scenes.

Not according to a recent poll.

Full details here: https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/PPP_Release_National_12219.pdf

you’re not accounting for this still being preliminary, before the shit flingers go to work. and polls are useless, come on. 82% of people at my desk agree. the hours of footage of uncle joe touching women and children in really inappropriate ways will probably harm his standing, and in a run off between him and trump a republican victory is assured anyway

(budum ch)

There will be more accurate polls between now and November next year.

1 Like

you’re not accounting for this still being preliminary, before the shit flingers go to work. and polls are useless, come on.

Mate.

There’s almost zero chance Biden will be the nominee, saying that right now.

1 Like

From the same poll:

Roger Stone charged…and so it begins (hopefully)

apologies, i’m speaking more about who the DNC want to see in the big seat. he is a centrist republican who wants amazon to teach poor young people the value of a dollar, and sort of tolerates POC and gay people. this is the calve cramping sweet spot for his supporters. we’ll see plenty of “locker room talk” style excuses from them when the footage of him touching women inappropriately in press briefings makes it to the main media outlets. he’s done as soon as that happens tho, optics and everything.

from now on i am here for the tweetin’ tea and nothing else.

Not usually big on US politics speeches in senate, and I literally know nothing about the guy and he could be a total melt who’s trying to emulate AOC’s approach, but this is pretty much :fire::fire::fire: the whole way through.

Oh dear