Trust Levels and restricted areas of DiS 🕵️‍♀

Hey everyone!

Whether you’ve been on DiS since day 1 about 1000 years ago, or have just joined: Here is some information about which areas of the forums are restricted, and what is required to access them.

Content that requires at the very least (and sometimes more) than having registered an account and being logged into it in order to access, includes: The “Serious Matters” forum – The Lounge – Selfie Threads. Read on for more info about how to access these.

So, first of all: We have a few automated Trust Levels (TL) for users on these boards. When you sign up, you’re TL0. You will then shortly afterwards become TL1, and then after a little while you’ll be bumped up to TL2. There was a TL3 that was also automatic, so some “older” users will be in that group – but we shut it off for automatic promotion as it was causing some hassle so it’s not really in use, apart from one thing which I will get back to.

Trust Level 1

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Once you are on TL1, you will be able to:

• Access Serious Matters and the weekly selfie threads (given that these are posted in the Selfies sub-forum…)
  • Send DMs
  • Flag posts to moderators
  • Upload images
  • Mute other users.

Trust level 2

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Once you are on TL2, you will be able to:

• Access The Lounge
  • Ignore other users

Trust Level 3

Again, this one is not really in use. The ONLY way you can now be bumped up to TL3 is for a moderator to manually do so, and we rarely bother tbh.

HOWEVER: Users in TL3 can recategorise and rename all topics! In other words, if you’ve made a typo or forgot to post the selfie thread in the Selfies sub-category, anyone on TL3 should be able to help, in addition to us moderators of course. They are not able to edit anything else, and if they rename or recategorise for no good reason we will at the very least remove them from TL3, depending on the situation.

So, summarising the restricted areas:

• Selfies and Serious Matters: TL1 and up
  • The Lounge: TL2 and up

Everything else is public and open to everyone.

Hope that clears some things up! Let me or @moderators know if you have any questions.

:cowboy_hat_face:

PS: If you want to know who is in any of the trust levels, you can either go on a user’s profile and see what groups they are members of, or look up the group “Trust level _” itself and see who is listed as members.

7 Likes

Is there a tag for users with TL3?

Do we need them to be more visible if the mods are struggling with their current admin workload?

No, there are no tags for the trust level groups. We are not struggling with the workload of actual admin stuff, so no one should hesitate to get in touch when they need help – just, we won’t be getting involved in arguments and the like :wink:

Currently when someone needs a thread moved or a title changed, they will tag @moderators in the thread – you can keep doing that, but one option might be to just say “Could mods or someone on tl3 please fix this”.

Would recommend that everyone who’s been here for a while checks if they are tl3 or not (all the regulars would be if we’d kept it open/automatic, obviously).

1 Like

Fair enough - I’m glad you’re not having to work too hard!

1 Like

My trust level appears to be “member”. Is that 1 or 2?

You’re on tl2! You can check by going onto your profile and clicking on these three dots:

…which will take you to this overview of your groups:

Another way to check is to see if The Lounge is visible from the front page, as it is only visible to users on tl2 and up :nerd_face:

Do you know how many people are in TL2?

Take a look at the screen shot in my last reply! The little numbers in the top right are how many people are in each group :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think most users can move threads — I can at least. It’s just a case of editing the title and then changing the category but I can do a little how-to with screenshot if that would help?

Gonna need more sofas for the lounge

1 Like

You are on TL3 :wink:

Ah, I’m honoured haha

1 Like

Are you currently able to edit titles/categories? Might have unchecked something I shouldn’t’ve

No :cry:

I can no longer edit titles and move categories?

Yeah, made amistake in the settings, see above. Gonna fix it now!

1 Like

Hopefully works again now? @wileycat @ma0sm

1 Like

Does for me at least, thanks

1 Like

It does :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It does indeed, good work @whiterussian :raised_hands:

1 Like