Tue cool for an evening thread is it

Very turbulent sort of day, but the good parts include making a nice new work pal and bumping into another nice pal on my way home. Got a meeting in 5 minutes which I’m quite annoyed about, 8pm meeting like I’m some sort of motivated Apprentice candidate. I just want a bath and to work on a poem. Probably going to update my will and put my life insurance in trust before bed, which I started in 2020 :see_no_evil:

What you doing/eating/updating?

Evening!

Absolutely pooped after a gig and too many beers for a Monday night. But day was fine and found out I got a job I was after so that’s good.

Cooking a big caponata which I’m really excited about.

Updated: my Instagram profile picture because I was using a really old pic where I looked bright and young and healthy and with a full head of hair, and I’m none of those things (and less) now.

3 Likes

I like your new pic :blush:

Excellent news about the job!

1 Like

Got a wash on. Coupla beers. Probably do an instant noodles for tea w/ added cabbage and tofu that need using.

(+) Learned my band blagged a small slot on a fest in Cheltenham in a few weeks, first since lockdown
(-) They want a ‘‘chilled’’ out set and have specified no distortion :grimacing:

6 Likes

Drinking good drink and watching the Villa - Liverpool game. Which is just kicking off good and proper. 1-1 already and not even ten minutes gone yet.

I support neither.

Thanks! And yeah it’s basically a slightly boring job for a very interesting person who I can hopefully convince to work with me on bigger things - a foot in the door sort of thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update on the old sofa that we got rid of some of at the weekend: we went with the £50 collection option (assuming we remember to take it out tonight), and I just overheard Mr Froglet admitting to his gaming friends that his plan of cutting it up and putting it in the bin might not have been the best

7 Likes

It’s like 32 degrees here so am out for a cold one (beer)

2 Likes

got a bit annoyed at dinner again because yet again I didn’t get offered a drink top-up or a dessert. fucks sake. why am i some kind of hotel pariah?? i just want some DAMN cheesecake!!

was going to get belligerent but then the belly dancer who was the evening’s entertainment was being interacting with diners and i was like NOPE so hurried away to my suite. started writing but obviously got distracted by organising my birthday party playlist. first half is basically done now :slight_smile: just trying to work the second half into some kind of order.

said it before, will say it again: Freak Like Me by Sugababes is one of the greatest songs of all time

6 Likes

Damn right

6 Likes

Ruffdawg next week:

4 Likes

Ruffdawg in a few weeks:

1 Like

Took a good photo through the binoculars of 2 Avocets getting it on. That’s my day really.

Made a really nice crunchy summer salad (red onion, spring onion, cucumber, celery, sugar snaps) with new spuds and chicken marinated in coriander, chili and lime. Lovely. Better call Saul and a beer.

2 Likes

I do sadlad, Springsteen covers, and of course piano house.

6 Likes

Well I used to be Mr. Streets of Philadelphia, not any more.

2 Likes

Still knocked out with covid unfortunately. I am really bored of lying about in bed

Any excuse inneh

2 Likes

Had an alright day

Jollof rice for tea. Haloumi a top of course and some left for lunch tomorrow.

Took dog out and now it’s the big match.

Excellent evening I guess.

Evening all!

I made katsu tofu for tea. It worked better than previous attempts at katsu but I still think it was under-spiced. I’ve got leftovers for tomorrow which I’m not sad about.

I got offered an interview for a job which I didn’t expect to get which is nice. I’ve convinced myself I might get it too which is obviously grossly optimistic.

I’m trying to do my writing homework while Wor Lass watches that Nick Knowles show where they rebuild people’s houses.

1 Like

quorn crispy nuggs AND southern fried bites for tea.

2 Likes