Tuesday 26th February Thread with Bounty spread

Heading down for hotel breakfast. Praying for good bacon.

Morning all,

I only had to use my sidelights on the way in, this morning. Such a treat. Was tempted to have a BBQ yesterday. I think the earliest we’ve previously had one was 28th Feb 2010, so I can’t see us beating that now.

Almost sneezed a mouthful of porridge all over my desk, but I didn’t, which makes this a bit of a nothing story, although i did spend a good three to four seconds fully preparing for all eventualities in my head, before concluding the only preventative measure required was a nostril pinch. Phew! I tells thee.

A smile at you all.

1 Like

There’s an actor in the Good Fight who really reminds me of you.

Really? As with most current TV shows that seems to have passed me by. Is it worth starting?

Got up and made coffee for my GF. Back in bed now discussing which Alice Coltrane albums are our favourites.

Have a ton of stuff to do today and over the next few days. Have to crack on with a job application and an essay for my course so will get those started today.

Theo, Bounty spread is amazing. I’m quite annoyed that you’ve reminded me that it exists.

2 Likes

Had a lovely time seeing Advance Base last night. Lots of sad songs about dogs from his great new record, and even some CftPA songs.

Now stuck on the slowest bus ever, I h8 u London.

I came here to report I found it too sweet.

I’ve just had a sensible adult breakfast of Nutella on toast.

Looks :nauseated_face:

1 Like

oh yeah, on the topic of those spreads. I think I tried the Malteasers one and thought it fine, not tried the others. We’ve got some of this on the go at the moment. It’s got a peculiar sticky viscosity to it in the mouth but it’s pretty tasty.

2 Likes

:sleeping::pray:

1 Like

The OP, xylo. Your thing looks beautiful.

7 Likes

My darling partner has managed to lose some - but somehow not all! - of her keys, so today will involve me working from home so a locksmith can replace a £120 lock (plus call out fee, of course) that was only fitted in December, followed by a trip to B&Q for some new padlocks.

I am absolutely ecstatic about this sequence of events.

2 Likes

I thought Sean was going to turn back on the thing that shows avatars when you are responding directly below?

Might scream into a pillow for a bit.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be more fun to just add locks instead of replacing them? you can wistfully look back in weeks to come at all the old locks that you can no longer use.

1 Like

Could jazz it up with some kind of Resident Evil style lock too, maybe a medallion with a picture of a lion on it instead of a key?

6 Likes

Not sure if I could handle these events being any more fun. I’m at my limit.

I’m sorry to hear that. It is really frustrating when keys get set free into the wild. Hopefully future keys will a little less adventurous.

Can we have a poll to predict when she’ll find her missing keys?

4 Likes