Tuesday, 7 November

That is a deeply confusing picture.

4 Likes

I’m in Patong which is seedy as hell but in an oddly endearing way.

Fogot that weed is legal here:

• Blaze it
  • Not this
0 voters

Imagine having to wrap your mind around it in the physical realm

1 Like

Morning DiS,

Shattered. In some kind of sleep regression etc etc with mini so sleep is disasterous atm. Still, I have coffee so we go on. Had porridge with syrup and raspberries for breakfast which was nice.

WFH today, then finishing at 1.30pm as going for afternoon tea with my pal. I’ve got to drive pick her up, and there, and drop her off though so that’s annoying me a little I always have to do all the running round, even though she lives on a main bus route & can drive/has access to a car, and never offers diesel money, not that i’d take it but the offer would be nice - so i feel a bit taken forgranted about it all tbh that it’s just expected that i’ll do it. Then will pick mini up from nursery. Then home.

Gonna make Nasi Goreng for tea I think, or hot dogs, tbc how bothered I can be later on I guess.

Think i’m in a bit of a grumpy mood tbh.

I just used one of the long tubes you can put posters in.

2 Likes

Drove through Patong when we went (stayed in Kata beach for a few days) and it looked interesting!

Where else have you got planned to visit?

1 Like

For the past decade or so we have bought the Wacky World Of Cats calendar…but it looks like there isn’t going to be one for 2024! No idea what to do now!

1 Like

8 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear this :frowning: hopefully you manage to find another suitable one! Love a good calendar :blush:

Take it to the eating ass thread

2 Likes

Headed to Kao Yao Yai on Friday then Chiang Mai and then finally Bangkok.

So jealous! We went to Koh Yao Yai for a day trip as we were staying on Koh Yao Noi. It’s bufffffff :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Good afternoon.

Got the house to myself while WFHing. Just got some loud music playing and generally having a nice time.

1 Like

sink fully blocked

what’s the best thing to do when it’s full of water and just not draining - bail it out then get some drain cleaner in?

Had a wild one last night.

Woke up in the middle of the house, mad sort of dread feeling, looked at my phone to see the time and it started flickering on and off weirdly and there was a flicker of light in the room. Got out of bed, genuinely felt like i was in the same house in a different time period.
Went to the toilet and the pull light switch thing was jammed and wouldn’t work, put on the landing light and the weird vibes stopped.
Went back to bed and basically hid under the covers until i fell back asleep. Woke up this morning and the light in the bathroom is working fine now.

Was deffo up and about and not dreaming because i sent a whatsapp at that time

2 Likes

If you can get the water out of the sink, washing up liquid is supposed to be good. Drain cleaners are pretty good.

Quickest way is to place a bucket underneath and remove the U bend.

2 Likes

Do always love the clear sunny lunchtimes you can get in winter, one feature of the season i need to remember to make use of

4 Likes

If there’s something down there then I recommend one of these

1 Like

Glad you’ve linked this, not because I need to unclog a drain but because when I was a kid we had something very similar to this and it was really useful for retrieving dropped/lost items from small and awkward spaces, e.g. cat toys from under furniture, socks from down the back of the radiator, etc and I’ve not seen anything similar since.

1 Like

My wife once left her keys in the door and locked me out. Borrowed one of these from a neighbour, and after a lot of wiggling around, managed to pull the key out of the lock by going through the letterbox. Amazing things

4 Likes