Tuesday Afternoon Pop Q**z

Yeah come on @penoid you must have a guess. All mine are wild guesses.

reckon madness was before bryan adams, so 1983.

know for a fact that blue suede shoes came out before little richard had released anything, so 1955

1 Like

Quizzers
Are
A
Massive
Bunch
Of
Ball
Bags

1 Like

those last 3 are utterly awful songs

1 Like

I had in my mind ā€˜songs that you might hear on a provincial radio stationā€™.

You going to enter?

nine entrants so far
one hour to go

nah Iā€™m shit at remembering years

Half an hour to go. Any more #takers?

Thank you for your entries. The scores have been collated and I can announce a three way tie between @VincentAdultman , @penoid and @NoahVale . Sterling work!

And thanks @wikihock @elthamsmateowen @1101010 @plasticniki @stickboy and @profk for taking part.

1 Like

do I get a prize for being the only person not to google at least one answer? who the fuck knew what year that steve harley song came out?!

EDIT: no one did.

1 Like

Answers as follows:

The James one was slightly tricky: it was originally released in 1989 but only reached number 70-something in the charts. It was re-released in 1991 and was one of the top 20 selling singles of that year.

Nobody got that Steve Harley one bang on - closest guesses were two years out. @penoid and @noahvale got five of the ten bang-on.

see above.

so bitter

2 Likes

No one Googled it.

you all cheated.

they were all guesses apart from the ones that i knew for definite. just used basic knowledge of popular music.

DO YOU WANT MY REASONING???

hey ya = lead single from the love below, school disco in 2003
someone like you = 2011 brit awards
as mentioned above, i remember the trivia that ā€˜blue suede shoesā€™ came out before little richardā€™s ā€˜the girl canā€™t help itā€™ in 1956
good times had to have been 1979
knew our house was early ā€˜80s
single ladies = same year as the album came out (2008)
respect = another music fact i knew, also that it was two years after otisā€™ version (in 1965)
knew ā€˜come up and see meā€™ was just before punk/'76
thought sit down was 90s (i was wrong)
thought summer of '69 was mid '80s

1 Like

My colleague and I listen to Kisstory sometimes in the office, and Iā€™m usually pretty good at guessing the year. I find I can link songs quite closely to times of my life e.g. Iā€™d know that Children by Robert Miles was released some time when I was in 6th form, so thatā€™d be 1996.

(Iā€™m hopeless with the last decade, though).

EDIT: checks yep 1996

Donā€™t rise to it gb: youā€™re better than that

1 Like