TUESDAY back to work thread

You’ll not catch me flouncing GDPR rules m9. Nice try

Feeling less crap than yesterday but still quite crap.

I have to go home at about 11:30 cause I forgot to bring my laptop home on Thursday and i’m getting a fucking TV unit delivered between 12-3. Thought my sideboard is coming with it but no! That’s another day. sigh

I would be burning a hole in the back of your head with my eyes.

1 Like

why do I wake up feeling sick and tired every morning? It’s a bit worrying. Probably just need to drink more water

1 Like

Morning folks,

Week off, so of course I’m up at 7:30 aren’t I?!

Quick tidy round, stuck some washing on, completed a questionnaire for the Kingstonian v Hendon programme, about to head out and play some dominoes at a church coffee morning with some old boys (they were so awesome to me during my breakdown etc.), a little snippery this afternoon and then - well - not very much.

Maybe head around to Aveley to watch Billericay v Tonbridge - @TheBarbieMovie2023 - sorry you didn’t get to view the muriel yesterday :frowning:

2 Likes

:sneezing_face:

1 Like

Fuck everything.

1 Like

I don’t have the energy for that today.

I have this anxiety dream all the time. I have a dissertation to do and not nearly enough time to do it. It’s funny cos when I was at university this is exactly what happened only I don’t remember it being as stressful.

Work got cancelled again, really could’ve been doing with the money but i’ll drink another coffee and be over it.

Dissertation chat is giving me a migrane, I have around 10,000 words to write between 3 essays this month and then i have to do the dissertation. Give me death

Hi :wave:

Big Thief were fantastic last night

was working yesterday but back in the office today so still a bit bleugh. it’s raining a lot.

1 Like

I work in a field based job. I ain’t paying for my own hotels and travel. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Should just buy a tent.

2 Likes

And cycle?

This is NOT the cycling thread.

1 Like

I think the dream is about the feeling rather than the specific situation, your brain takes a feeling and translates it into images that are familiar and don’t necessarily mean anything in themselves. Personally I was fairly good at meeting deadlines or churning essays out in a few hours depending on how you look at it, and even I realised that my dissertation was too long to be able to do it in the last week so I was more organised.

To me the theme of these types of dreams is ‘fear of not being prepared’. I am confident of dealing with situations I feel prepared for but don’t like being thrown in at the deep end. In that sense this dream and the ‘oh fuck I’m suddenly in Mogwai’ one above are basically the same.

In the dreams (and in real life), there’s a period of worry but things generally turn out okay, like nobody realises I can’t actually play guitar, or I suddenly discover that actually I can.

New office back to work > old office back to work

7 Likes

I have made it into work. There’s no seats with my team so I’m at the other end of the office. Can’t work out if this is good or bad.

At my folks in Leeds this week so gonna go into town in a bit and mooch about. Will probably get bored of going round the shops almost immediately and then find a pub. Any recommendations from the beer wanker set would be most welcome (I’m not from here).

1 Like