Tuesday Bloody Tuesday

Good morning chums,

I really, really, really wish I’d booked today off. If I end up working late to finish off work I’m going to be mad as hell.
Got loads to do tonight and also have to fit in finishing my book and deciding which books to take to Barcelona. Need to find and charge my kindle too.

Can’t wait for it to be tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

I’m still in bed just fyi btw lmao

1 Like

Woke up, got up all ready to be productive and then BOOM migraine hit.

MrS has taken boys to Bournemouth for the day. I’ve gone back to bed. Hopefully have hit it with the nurofen and water double whammy early enough to be ok by later. …should get off my phone really.

No targets, just hanging round York doing nowt in particular. I wanna see some o’ history so might climb the Minster steps or something later.

Still basking in the glory of Radio 1’s Big Weekend in Middlesbrough. (Saturday only.) Don’t laugh, dadrock fans, it was bloody brilliant and Billie Eilish may well have delivered the greatest live performance I have ever seen.

Just looking for a nice breakfast but don’t want it in the 'Spoons I’m in as their full Englishes taste like plastic, recommendations warmly welcome.

Morning all!

Feeling a bit anxious about everything today - Fitting a week of work into four days, sorting out stuff for Jimbo’s birthday before the weekend, having time to sort stuff before we go away, wondering about buying a car, and if I do when I’d have time to sort everything out for that too. I’m sure it’ll all be fine if I just keep my head down and plough on through, but it does feel like it’s all a bit much right now.

Bloody marvellous sleep for a change last night. Much needed too. Didn’t stop me leaving my wallet in my jeans pocket at home - praise NatWest and their emergency cash code thing.

Work, got a lovely coffee from the organic place next to the station.

Tonight off to an open mic comedy night in Stockwell which my date for the evening is doing a little set at.

In terms of arbitrary targets:

• Analyse 29 different possible freight routes between Forest Gate Jn & Stratford and get the report out the door. (Not going to happen).

• Sort my diary for next week (UAT on new software and Annual Leave)

I’m a big fan, was sceptical at first but probably eating more of them than milk chocolate ones nowadays, especially when I found you can get a six pack of two finger white chocolate Twixes in Poundland…

Forgot it was a bank holiday yesterday and an away to penoid at a European level on Thursday so now I’m trying to fit a week’s worth of work into two days and also I booked my car in to get some stuff done today since I wasn’t stretched thinly enough already??? bye

Unexpected hailstones, wasn’t predicted to rain today. Didn’t bring a coat. :woman_shrugging:

uh oh our journal club has been moved to a spot directly opposite one of the people whose paper I am going to talk about (spoiler: it’s not very good). will have to use my indoor voice.

How much for?

1 Like

Alone in the office :tada::tada::tada:
Fingers crossed that means no-one dumping a load of orders on me at the last minute.
:tada::tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

you joke but I was well confused when I went in Poundland the other day by the lack of prices next to each of the item tags on the shelves

My eye has stopped hurting but it’s still leaking like a sieve and I wish it would stop. I’m having to sit in my room in the middle of the day with my curtains closed like an absolute cretin.

nailed a pouch of these at the weekend:

so good

3 Likes

Got out of work at 7am
Just about made my train
In SHEFFIELD
Ordered a eggs Benny and coffee
I deserve it

IMG_20190528_114156_8~2

It’s a looker

9 Likes

again :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I had a meeting across town and got caught in the bucketing rain and hail wearing nothing but a pale green chiffon dress that you could spit peas through. No jacket not tights, no brolly. Had to go back to the office via the gym so that I could get properly dried off and wipe mascara off my chin and tits. Which is really annoying as I have my PT in just over an hour and now I can’t be bothered going back to the gym, even though I haven’t been TO THE GYM, IYSWIM.

3 Likes

I’m very upset with the weather app for today. Sunshine they predicted! At least I have brought my lunch with me so I don’t need to go outside.

You’ll feel great after your session so its defo worth going :muscle:

1 Like