Tuesday evening thread

No evening thread the one time I really want one? :no_mouth:

Cotton the gerbil died.

He had a heart attack at the vet’s as my mum was paying for his antibiotics for a respiratory infection. They put him on oxygen but he didn’t make it

Sorry to hear that!

2 Likes

you dealing with it ok?

I’m having a bad time in general but everybody knows that. Still working on getting thinner though so that’s something

Aw no! Your poor gerbil! I hope you’re okay imaperv!

I’m just sitting in and watching the football this evening. Might have a beer later.

Aw I’m sorry about Cotton :frowning: I love jolly little gerbils, hope you’re ok x

Just about to eat bizarro makeshift roast that I’m well excited by, gonna watch some Gilmore Girls then head to bed for what should be another very much needed sleep.

No-one gives a shit when you drag yourself in to work when you’re not up to it to please the powers that be, do they?

RIP Cotton.

Still aching. :frowning:

Bought some new pillows, that’s about it.

Poor Cotton :cry:

Did lots of underwater swimming this morning, well Scout Jnr did, then I had lunch in Leaf - went for a healthy salad and it was about 2 pounds of cheese! Then had the most stressful afternoon and didn’t make it along to the book launch I contributed to, and I’m in bed having not done any reading for my lecture tomorrow. Fuck.

Bought a nice new bobble hat though for £2.

rip cotton

sorry to hear about Cotton, hope you’re ok xx

Unfortunately I can empathise a lot as my dog had to be put down today. The day we got him when I was 10 was one of the best days of my life and the phone call with my dad yesterday evening when I found out was one of the worst.

keep accidentally stealing shuttlecocks from badminton

1 Like

:frowning2:
seemed like a great dog

2 Likes

aw man sorry to hear.

this is not a cheery thread.

1 Like

sorry, pervo.

i’m still at work when i have a 90min journey home sigh needed a break so did go out for battered halloumi though

yeah it’s like a veggie fish and chips substitute. this place had really good mushy peas. (love mushy peas)

Thanks xx

He was nearly 15 and wasn’t in too much pain but it was all quite sudden meaning I didn’t have an opportunity to go back home to see him which I think is upsetting me the most

had a bad day for no particular reason, going to be productive to make myself feel better so i’ve taken myself to the library! :slight_smile: i’ll try and make slight smile my resting face here as well.

Sorry to hear about your losses @gonad and @TheBarbieMovie2023 - hope you’re both doing okay!

Not had a great evening either. I’ve just got back from my grandparents place as my nan had to go to A&E. She’s fine now but she’s had ongoing issues for a couple of months. My mum took my nan and I sat with my granddad to keep him company. They both seemed okay when I left them but they’ve both had a rough year and you feel bad that you can’t do enough to help. I don’t know.

Hmm going to go eat something. Maybe have a drink.

I keep worrying that people might dislike me, despite there being absolutely no reason for me to think so. It’s well annoying.

Today has been a gooden though otherwise. My jaw ached from laughing so much

Cheers everyone :heart: Pretty angry/upset with myself as he went to the vet’s every 5 weeks to have his teeth trimmed for about a year, so I was so used to him going that (aside from shouting goodbye to him as I left for work this morning) I didn’t really think about it at all. Even when my dad randomly came to pick me up from work, I didn’t twig, until he said he had bad news.

My mum - who likes the gerbils but has never been openly attached to them - broke down at the vet’s apparently and is really upset. Never seen her react so badly to one of them dying. And my totally gerbil-obsessed dad’s heartbroken (Cotton was his little favourite because he’d had so many issues - being bitten by his brothers twice, his teeth problems, losing weight from the teeth problems - that he basically had to spend a lot of time nursing him and making him special food/feeding him baby puree from a syringe every evening).

Feeling particularly sad for Smudge, the brother who he lives with. They sleep on top of each other in a little furry gerbil pile which is so lovely - it always makes me feel better about life when I see it. Gutted that I won’t be seeing that again unless we can successfully reintegrate Smudge and Spice.

At least he looks more peaceful in death than any of our other gerbils. He really looks like he’s asleep and not in any pain. Poor baby :broken_heart:

Anyway I’m just kind of rambling now.