Tuesday evening

Is that Ruffers in the background?

Yeah that would irk me. Hate being too hot more than cold.

2 hours left to do my essay. Think itā€™s just about manageable - well, it has to be, I donā€™t have a choice.

My neighbour just dropped off chocolate to keep me going. I really bloody love my neighbours, even the bad ones were at least entertaining.

1 Like

yes.

3 Likes

My family and friends think Iā€™m odd because Iā€™m always warm which I hate, itā€™s easier to heat up than cool down, damn selfish swines :grinning:

1 Like

Too right, thereā€™s a reason hot countries use stone and build pools, and a reason why I own lots of knitwear. Hate being too hot.

1 Like

Amen

Stockholm - not so exotic sadly.

Iā€™ve had that dread recently too. Last night I sat down and wrote out all of the problems that were stressing me out and then an action point/solution for each one. Then I made a to do list plan thing that I have used today. Although I havenā€™t got a lot of stuff done that I need to It actually helped rationalise things and made me feel a bit more in control. I dunno if that will help? Strength to you bro :muscle:

2 Likes

canā€™t think of anyone in the history of popular music who has written more great melodies than Elliott Smith. Dude was completely unparalleled.

2 Likes

Oh shut it you two
Being a permanent cold person, I can tell you itā€™s shit!

My bf picked me up from the gym as an excuse to see me but really I mentioned Iā€™d made a huge vegan lasagne and he ate pretty much the whole thing then buggered off home. THE CHEEK.

1 Like

as a lyricist, hit and miss, as a singer, good but not amazing, but his ear for a tune canā€™t be beat. Listen to the Christopher Oā€™Riley album and itā€™s amazing how much of his melancholy affection and love comes across in just the tunes, like his ghost is there in those notes. Having been the HUGEST fan through my late teens and early twenties I tend to overlook him now but thereā€™s something there you just canā€™t get anywhere else.

Still love you Elliott x

Naw, you shut it meow :wink::grinning:

1 Like

Totally agree. This is a beautiful melody:

Put the bloody heating on I say!
(My housemate/landlord has deemed it no heating season far too early!)

lovely, not seen that one before!

Think independence day was the first song of his I heard round a friendā€™s house and instantly I was hooked.

oh to be 17 againā€¦(actually it was shit)

To be fair, I have got the heating on gently right now, but our house gets so cold on the ground floor right up until itā€™s actually full-blown summer that itā€™s sort of necessary. Plus we had hail earlier, hail! So itā€™s legit still cold.