Tuesday Morning Thread sponsored by Utility Kilts

Slept fucking awfully again. Could do with our actual bedroom being ready soon but it’s over a month away

Morning all!

My daughter will be terrorising the library this morning. We need to be in for the aerial man later.

1 Like

Thanks (and to @1101010) - I’ll give it a go. It looks pretty knackered though.

4 Likes

Morning!

Today is moving out day, so I am a white van man for the day. Ordered the smallest proper van they do and they’ve given me a long wheelbase, high roof Transit - Cuts down the number of trips I suppose.

Having spent the last few days packing everything into fucking boxes, I’ve decided the next house we buy is going to be the last…

1 Like

This feels like a proper excellently lame supervillain genesis story.

“Why are you destroying the world?!”
“I SAID THIS WOULD BE THE LAST HOUSE WE EVER BUY AND I MADE A SOLEMN PROMISE!”

2 Likes

Really, really tempted to wfh again but shouldn’t.

Might.

Hot and tired and shitloads of work on. I’m on holiday next week but the thought of that is stressing me out tbh.

I wish you well in your moving endeavours foxy

FUCK IT

1 Like

I have a meeting between midday and 3pm today :worried:

They better be providing lunch

1 Like

I… I don’t think they are? :disappointed_relieved:

:pray:
Been nice knowing ya, buddy

Last time I ate something was 7pm last night :persevere:

:coffin: :coffin: :coffee:

Edit: that last one should’ve been a coffin :grinning:

4 Likes

If only there were some standard meal you could partake in to break your fast prior to lunchtime?

6 Likes

Some kind of pre-lunch, is that what you’re talking about? If only such a thing existed.

3 Likes

this story physically pains me. Thoughts and prayers

1 Like

I heard somebody using an angle grinder or similar at about half midnight last night, somewhere out the back of my house. So I marched out there in my Jedi Knight dressing gown and Star Wars slippers to see if someone was trying to break into my garage. They weren’t.

It’s only now occurring to me how ridiculous a scene that would have been if I’d had to confront anyone, armed with nothing other than the threat of a fucking Jedi mind trick.

5 Likes

morning

Had coffee and bircher porridge with fruit for brekkie

builders are here for what I hope will be the last time today on this whole bathroom / utility room project, God I hope they finish today, I just want my flat back

WFH, bike ride tonight hopefully.

GF was watching ‘Project Runway’ before work and I went off on a riff about how they should do a ‘Project Runway’ but with airports and have the designers worry about hangar placement and how many metal detectors they should. The look of derision was worth it.

Full complement of people in work today so it should be easy. Staying in my own house tonight and hanging out with our new housemate so that’ll be good. Haven’t stayed in my own place in a week.

3 Likes