Tuesday Optimism Thread - What're you hoping to get done by 2018?

*km so not so bad

Oh, either not having a job, or having a job which doesn’t make me want to smash my face in through boredom. That’d be a good one.

• lose some weight
  • get a part time job that guarantees hours
  • finish uni
  • get a job in my field

Probably do 2 of these :smiley:

• Repair my bass amp.
  • Sort through, catalogue and store my archive of personal papers.
  • Release one more album on Bandcamp.
  • Visit my Nan more.

Some of my favourite Autechre songs there

3 Likes

is your housemate -

?

nothing at all

Oh god my personal papers are such a mess, anything of any importance is stored all in one satchel with no organisation and I’m at the point where I actively avoid it

I hear ya. Mine are in five shoeboxes stored in the bottom of my wardrobe. No rhyme or reason to the storage systemm as well so if I want one thing I have to take everything out.

• sell my flat
  • lose some weight
  • spend a little less time on the sofa

Srsly fuck him pay you.

This sounds like a system more than a set of aims :smiley:

1 Like

I’m just in the complete infancy of mine and find it soooooo hard to stay motivated

Just get to a point where I don’t get angry/wound up/upset by incredibly minor bumps pls.

Goals are for next year; the rest of this one is just about looking after myself and feeling better. And if that means junk food, ice cream and getting fat, so be it.

What are your books about @Ruffers @jazzballet

• Riding my bike a lot more
  • Losing weight
  • Driving less
  • Drinking less
1 Like

Not at all, sounds really cool. And there’s definitely a market for it as Guy Gavriel Kay proves. Good luck.
I’m trying to finish off a couple of short stories and what have you in the crime fiction area. It’s so difficult to finish.

1 Like

Sadlad story about a man whose grief for his deceased parents drives him into fear and isolation working within a museum that becomes increasingly made up of artefacts from his own guilt and memories, then his ghost parents start working there too and eventually he just has to kind of own his life or lose it, or something.
It’s basically night at the museum crossed with silent hill

7 Likes

FINALLY FUCKING MOVE OUT LIKE I’VE BEEN PLANNING TO SINCE 2013.

What’s stopping you?