Tuesday Optimism Thread - What're you hoping to get done by 2018?

you’ll be alright, lad.

I wouldn’t say those who don’t move out are being a baby but I’d say the experience of living independently is just vastly different from staying at home, and I suppose one someone inevitably does at some point in their life.

And mine if Winchester interests you. Am planning a DiS Bike Wanker ride from winch next year anyway, just not told anybody really.

2 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSSS!

1 Like

3 Likes

We’ll see

Coughing all the way to the bank m9

Went back for a year after Uni, then left again. Quit being a postie and went travelling (drinking excessively) for a few months and moved back again at 25. Got caught up in a shite job that I eventually quit in January. Was all set to move to Hong Kong but brother got cancer so still in the UK… but moved back to Sheffield and am well glad I did.

Never had any issues living with them, they always seem quite happy with me there as I fix all their IT issues.

1 Like

Out for uni
Moved back for about three years while I didn’t think I could afford it.
Out again for about five years while I couldn’t really afford it.
Midlife crisis enforced longest year of my life living back there.
Moved out to another country.

Half expect to be back there when Wor Lass decides she’s had enough of me.

edit Excellent optimism

what country do you live in boss? I always thought you were a scotch disser.

(s)he seems a bit… fuzzy. :heart:

most people aren’t independent unless they are single and living alone though

I’m a naturalised Glaswegian but originally from an isolated little country on the edge of Europe called England.*

*specifically just outside Newcastle

2 Likes

Not going to lie, I yo-yo’d. Spent a couple of stints there, unemployed in my early 20s. There’s nothing to do where they are and I don’t drive. Bleakest time of my life. “You really need to get a job.” Yeah cheers, guys.

I’ve done two stints - spent 6 months after quitting my post uni job there, and now in the middle of a two month stay.

s’alright but that’s because I’m staying very busy and am barely ever in.

1 Like

Ideally I’d like to have saved a depisit and moved house by Summer 2018. We’re not saving too badly but it could always be better.

I’d quite like to be comfortably under 15st by the end of the year but I cling to weight in a most upsetting manner.

Are you employed? Think that would help massively. Didn’t have any money or anywhere to go (apart from to London on the weekends, which I could rarely afford). Literally about 6 months of my life down the swanny, though I know it’s not uncommon.

Before I moved to London I was working in Cardiff but living with my mate in my hometown still, was this weird middle ground where I kept going back round to the folks to steal food and watch expensive football channels but still had a modicum of freedom (I guess).

1 Like

He is. He loves me :heart: fell asleep on my lap when I was rubbing his head yesterday. He’s the most perfect little prince.

You can even make the most sweet things sound smutty.