Tuesday (st)Evening

Buying supplies to teach kids how to make fake photo ice cream tomorrow. It’s essentially smash with food colouring. Pretty much most ice cream you see in ads is potato.

4 Likes

that’s an interesting fact! Kind of depressing though…cold potato :frowning:

2 Likes

Cracking article, I read it earlier on.

Just realised it’s two years since I moved to Scotland the weekend just gone. S’been all right :wink:

1 Like

Food photography is really depressing. Most of the time they can’t use the real stuff because it melts/wilts/whatever.

Condensation drops are spray glucose. Produce is sprayed with hairspray to keep it fresh. Meat is actually only half-cooked, then painted with shoe polish on a small paint brush to look brown.

Milk and cream are usuallly PVA glue, and hot steaming food is usually cold, with a bowl of boiling water hidden behind (or even a tampon soaked in boiling water).

A lot of stuff is glued or full of toothpicks inside too.

2 Likes

I remember seeing a thing a while back about how they nail the pizza to the board to get that perfect one slice lifting out while the others stay put shot. Bizarre world.

1 Like

marketing is so terrible. I was chatting to a guy who was an advertiser once at an open mic and he was full on passionate about it…turns out his favourite band was snow patrol, I believe that speaks for itself.

5 Likes

Today I encountered someone called Patrick who insisted we call him Ricky.

• Fine
  • Weirdo

0 voters

Same even with clothes. Often the clothes fit terribly and they have to either leave the back unzipped or bunch it up smaller with bulldog clips. As long as the front looks ok they’re fine.

And with the advent of photoshop stuff like that can be even shoddier cause they assume you can sort it out later on the computer.

gotta stop listening back to my track now or I’ll go insane. Need to find something else to do this evening

Wouldn’t say ‘fine’ exactly as it’s fairly extraordinary but I like the cut of Ricky’s jib

1 Like

They use horses for cows too

1 Like

And the horses are just two guys in a suit.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I played golf at St Andrews today. Played well and matched my handicap. Weather was beautiful!

Back home now…just going out to feed the newly named Guinness & Splash, and Epic & Raffles!

4 Likes

He seems like a reasonable bunch of lad so I think Ricky will probably stick. It’s not as if he’s asking us to call him Jetpack or something like that.

1 Like

Allo :wave:

After deciding the theme for our dinner was “something summery” I’ve just bunged a macaroni cheese and the biggest chips in the world in the oven.

@_Em Make these with your children please :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m sure my great hulking 16 year old Turkish lads would be glad to oblige you. They are nice boys.

2 Likes

Splendid day ma man :+1:

:blush: Imagine a whole classroom full of them! IMAGINE.

1 Like