Tuesday The Day

Good morning @twentynine, good morning DiS! Many happy returns of the day to Jurgen Klopp from the Champions*, and Laurie Metcalf from the Comedies, and happy anniversary to IBM - what a GBOCL. Salutations to those among us who are celebrating International Day of Family Remittances today, or maybe even Sussex Day. I’m off to Chichester library to look-up “family remittances”. #sussexbumparty

WHAT DO TODAY EH DIS? COFFEE FIRST. :coffee:

I just got paid for an invoice I sent on 12TH DECEMBER. :money_with_wings:

I was thinking about a World Cup of English County Flags but not sure I can be arsed. Someone else do it.

10 Likes

Wow, that is quite a payment delay. Did they cite Covid?

1 Like

BTW I started a new dully-named Instagram to photograph a load of old collections of things I’ve got lying around. There’s actually one I can’t find at the moment but convinced I brought that to Aus too…

https://www.instagram.com/stuff_i_collected/

Follow if you like that kind of thing (presently it’s only some badges and I’ll be doing like one or two a day so it’ll take a while to build up some content).

2 Likes

Good morning/evening Theo! I hope you’re well down there in the upside-down and that you’ve already had a lovely Tuesday. Alas, the company are just chuffing useless :joy: I’d written it off tbh, so it was a nice surprise. Might pick-up a nice bottle of red wine to celebrate.

No point, Devon will win.

2 Likes

Pissed that I lost my massive Yorkshire one back in September. Ironically, the cause of which was… being pissed in Yorkshire.

Hi @Funkhouser! One sleep before HOLIBOBS?

3 Likes

I think this World cub is a good idea

1 Like

Indeed! One more long old day then it’s :partying_face::beers::birthday: for 9 days.

3 Likes

Whatcha got planned? :nail_care:t2::dancer:t2::tropical_drink:

Morning 29, morning all. Warwickshire has a bear, which will take some beating.
Just had a walk along the riverbank to supermarket 1.

Will grab a bacon sandwich on the way to supermarket 2 and the bus home. After that, who knows? If it’s not stupidly hot and the insect bite on my leg isn’t playing up, might start the gardening.

2 Likes

Morning @twentynine and lovely people

Very pleased to have two champion footballers birthdays on the trot.

Off to work, wearing and orange dress with lovely little things along the edges like a tablecloth or lampshade.

Wiltshire is a Great Bustard. Going to take some beating.

5 Likes

Got a few things to do around the house, and it’s Mrs F’s birthday on Sunday but that’s about it. Can’t wait.

1 Like

Ftfy

2 Likes

Morning all. Feeling a bit low about stuff, tbh.

1 Like

Well, I bought a bacon sandwich, bit into it… and the cook misheard bacon with brown sauce as bacon and sausage. This is both a good thing (top breakfast) and a bad thing (monumentally unhealthy).

4 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Morning

Having coffee in the garden. It’s nice today. Work, then going to meet a friend for park beer early evening

Is it a jumper or an open back t shirt kinda day. I’ll be in the classroom with the door open most of the day hmm.

Keep having really vivid horror film kinda dreams like I’m tempted to just create them into the blockbuster films they are. So many good twists at the end, my brain is fucking great.

Out of hours GP at 2am in the aftermath of R’s temperature hitting 39.5 after her 12 month vaccinations. Suffice to say I’m very tired. She’s sad but ok. Might cancel some of my 7 hours of work calls today…

3 Likes

Good sleep which makes a change. Back off to the hospital for 20wk scan pt2 then have no plans