Tuesday Thread - The Work Day Out

I suppose mind mapping would do it

Gliffy is alright, free trial

1 Like

crud. very, very dear friend wants to desperately do harry potter studio tour when she visits us from France. she’s aware and loathing of JK’s stance but has separated one from t’other.

• Say nope to avoid funding JKR
  • Say yep and give the same amount of ticket price to a trans charity (suggestions welcome)
  • Tell her to go on her own

0 voters

Could you tell her you aren’t comfortable going but would happily meet her afterwards and take her to a cool little gothic/witchy basement bar or something? I know they must exist, I bet you can’t move for them

4 Likes

this is actually a good shout. something themically aligned without giving coin to wor shite lass

3 Likes

Holidays are for doing unethical things imho. To be a good host you’ve got to get involved

bracing for this to be Teh Msr’s opinion. In which case they can go, i’ll drink fake magic cocktails until they reach me

1 Like

Surely that’s the ideal outcome? Friend isn’t alone, you get friend/husband points for planning something cool, your stance isn’t compromised! Winner

3 Likes

yeah exactly. means i can just chill out, and not feel conflicted etc. i’ve been before anyway (before i/a lot of people were aware how crud she was)

1 Like

On an hour-long brand guidelines zoom presentation. Is this how you office dorks have to live every day? Not sure how you cope.

6 Likes

basically yes, but more than an hour each day.

2 Likes

No wonder you are the way you are :wink:

2 Likes

…very sad? yes.

1 Like

Morning all. The laminate floor is being fitted :partying_face:

In the office today to stay out of the way. Was in the co-op under the office and look what the fuckers have done to Lilt

Now in the pocket of Big Fanta :neutral_face:

2 Likes

The “By Fanta” really irked me this morning.

4 Likes

Was gonna go into the city centre and look at some old ruins but stupidly thought I could walk there.

Within the first kilometre I took every single wrong turn, was sweating like a pig, woefully under-sunscreened and most annoyingly pestered by guys working in every other cheapo tourist shop. They were so persistent and acted so mock-hurt when I ignored them.

Eventually I thought you know what? I’d rather be wearing the correct amount of sunscreen, in or by cold pool, without getting pestered by random men. I can live without the ruins.

Really wish there was some kind of public transport I could have used, but whatever. I got some money out, found a can of Monster, bought a big bottle of ice cold water and some more sunscreen (I got massively ripped off but I also don’t really care at this point)

3 Likes

I know that the getting pestered by shop people in touristy places is a whole thing and I can shrug it off for a bit but it’s absolutely exhausting when it’s every other one and you’re by yourself.

9 Likes

I’ve not even left the house yet and wanna take my eyeballs out and give them a rinse. Started really suffering with hay fever in the last few years and it’s so annoying

yeah take her to leadenhall market (diagon alley)! I think that’s the one anyway.