TUESDAY Thread

Aha

I hadn’t factored in lockdown

We’re super lucky in that we live on an estate built around a massive park that has great footpaths going all the way around and the whole thing is car-free

There’s also about 15 schoolmates who live on the estate too so there’s always someone to go out on a bike with. Great training

The 8yo managed a 15k ride with her mum into town and back last week too

So don’t lose heart at the struggle part, the confidence curve goes completely vertical once everything ’sits’

1 Like

why am i so tired

1 Like

:-1: Spent the first two hours of my day redoing a site and location plan and roof map because the planning department gave me incorrect / insufficient advice when I first submitted the application (and because I didn’t want to spend another £30 on two maps)
:-1: got a headache and the cheeksters are being irritable and loud
:-1: loads of meetings today
:-1: still have a massive to-do list both inside and outside of work

TUESDAY! :partying_face:

keep being like ‘it would be nice to see my colleagues again irl’
but some of them are in the office today and i’m just sat here at home cos i cba commuting

Aaaah Tuesday.

Should really do a bit of work but sun is out so going to walk in the woods.

Yoga first.

Morning all. Got engaged there recently. Here’s a fun picture of us just afterwards.

42 Likes

Which one are you?

Congratulations!

3 Likes

Woke up feeling fresh. Went back to sleep for twenty minutes, now feel awful.

Amazing!! What a brilliant picture as well. :star_struck::star_struck::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

absolutely love this photo. the expression on your baby’s face is absolutely hilarious given the circumstances.

11 Likes

Congrats! What an awesome photo too :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is lovely, congrats :partying_face:

2 Likes

whenever i try this i can’t get past the first part of thinking of a job i actually want to do

I found a job I want to do but I can’t fucking apply for it now can I (also I am really not qualified for whatever it actually is anyway)

2 Likes

Yeah turns out professional computer game player and blow job receiver isn’t a valid job?? Fuck sake capitalism.

Bit nippy this morning isnt it!!! Quite into tbh, so much for the #heatwave. Got quite a boring day at work and then need to go and buy some cookware later. Gonna speak to my boss about WFH a bit more too. #tuesday

Tk Maxx?

Post festival blues. Y’know, the part where you remember you have responsibilities and a shit job. And I’m still not back in until Thursday. Still, get to spend the day doing a shop and playing with the kids.

I want to start a label and release lots of music and videos. I also have an innovative product format/distribution idea that could be a gamechanger

But I don’t have a spare 5 years & roughly half a million quid that it would require to succeed

I also need to write that novel about my Jewish grandfather’s journey from arriving in Berlin as an orphan from the Armenian genocide, to him escaping the Nazis, rescuing my grandma & her sisters (and others) in the process, fleeing to Paris & then to the UK after getting my grandma pregnant, eventually marrying & settling in Leeds with my baby aunt and then being arrested & put in an internment camp by Churchill where my dad was born on the floor of the primary school assembly hall in Port Erin which was the women’s camp’s makeshift hospital

…but I’m posting this from the loo, I need to clean up the 3rd cat puke of the day from the hall floor and I have a work report (in which I need to sum up in detail the entire 2 and half years of this project so far) and a resignation letter to write. I also need to look for a new job. And I need to pick the 8yo up from school at 3, give her an early dinner and get her to football practice at 5:30

…did I mention the cat puke?

sigh

6 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like