Tuesday thread

Also please tell us the who what why where in regards to these delivered gingerbread houses?

I think of freemasonry when I think of trowels

Just a terrible title - a cliché with a bad pun and an awful, awful cover as well

How do these things pass quality control?

In meetings until 3 today (although 1 of the meetings is a team lunch). Was wearing my Christmas jumper but it’s too flipping hot in the office, AGAIN, so no. Just no. Freezing outside though; can’t catch a break.

Last day in work until the 3rd hype.

A good plan, with no drawbacks!

1 Like

Morning all. Got some work to do this morning (hopefully the last before Christmas) then I’ve got to get out there to get my last few christmas presents. I’ve not been organised this year.

Already looking forward to your write-up in the Last night’s gig was thread!

Leaving for the airport in a couple of hours, going to Chile to spend Christmas and New Years with my sister who lives there! Three weeks in 25-35 degrees, yesssss

So long, losers

7 Likes

I’ll try and liveblog it right from the mosh pit if I can.

1 Like

Is this the one he got the Bad Sex award for?

1 Like

Bliss :slight_smile: - have an amazing time!

1 Like

My parents are going to this too.

I’ll tell them to say ‘Hi!’ if they see you.

:fearful:

‘He also came second in last year’s Literary Review Bad Sex Award, for a passage in Mr MacGregor about a TV gardener with a fatal sexual magnetism, in which there is a lot of “slipping” and “sliding” and hands running down bodies until they “find what they’re looking for”’.

1 Like

Really have the urge to buy a bouncy ball and drop it off the top of my work building, would go so high I reckon.

It would be a great honour to meet Mr and Mrs Marckee.

NB it was difficult not to make a joke about your mum here.

You restraint is noted.

1 Like

Still sounds sexier than whatever Morrissey was going on about…

(••)
Doesn’t sound
( •
•)>⌐■-■
Very
(⌐■_■)
Chile at all

9 Likes

Morning all,

Last day at work for nearly a couple of weeks! Had bacon and sausage sandwich for breakfast! Off to see Rogue One tonight!

Oooh might do this. Finish work at three… :thinking:

1 Like

Been visiting my hometown for a few days, and cramming in seeing friends. Off to Manchester for xmas tomorrow though.

Summary of going out in small hometown:
+I know everyone
-I know everyone

Ran into @shes_so_high, her bf and his bandmate in the pub over the weekend, which was lovely, because I’ve known the two guys since forever but we don’t see each other so often these days. Went to a Northern Soul night and fell over on some talcum powder and now have a huge bruise. I also suffered my worst hangover in years the next day.

Also at the weekend, I ran into a boy I went out with when I was 15/16. I had long since written him off as an idiot (although I keep in touch with his great sister). He was really spoilt and petulant with a fragile ego. He would do stuff like phone me up, play a Muse song on the guitar down the phone to me when he knew I absolutely loathed Muse, then throw a little strop when I wasn’t impressed enough.

Anyway, he decided he needed to apologise to me for being a dick 15+ years ago and started saying stuff like “without you I’d never have listened to things like Sonic Youth, Wipers or Devo” but the conversation then took a weird turn and he actually said “Emma, racism and sexism run both ways you know” in a patronising tone, and I realised he was still a dick, and we got into an argument and he threw a petulant little strop. Plus ça change. (And also suddenly remembered how incredibly racist and homophobic his deeply unpleasant South African dad was)

When I found my schoolfriend again she said: Where were you?
Me: Remember [name]? I ran into him, and he felt the need to apologise for what a little shit he was when he was younger. But then we got into a fight about sexism, and I remembered he is still a dick.
Friend: That sounds like you

3 Likes