Tuesday World Cup Thread.

a vile post

4 Likes

whoever plays at RB, Mbappé can always run past Harry Maguire if he pleases

1 Like

What about them lovely England boys, eh…eh?

Probably not

But, presuming we get past Senegal, Walker is gonna be knackered & Southgate favours playing Trippier on the left

Can see Southgate having to use TAA at some point. Let’s hope it’s not a QF against France

Don’t think there’s any issue with players doing Tuesday - Sunday - Friday from yesterday to the last 16 to the quarters. Barring injury or specific tactical changes I don’t think we’d need to rotate for freshness. It’s an easier schedule than Walker’s used to at club level

Will be split loyalties in my family on Sunday

5 Likes

In normal circumstances, yeah

But Walker has been injured for over half the season so far

We’ll see

it’d be walker and trippier against france i reckon, switch to a back 5

2 Likes

Reckon it’d be shaw myself (unless he plays in the left side of the three)

Walker in the three. Trips and Shaw at wing back

3 Likes

Boy oh boy am I excited to watch England revert to a back 5 again! how many sleeps?!

11 Likes

Bit bold of the English to assume they’ve already beaten The Furious Marmots or whatever Senegal’s nickname is.

Shocked, SHOCKED I tell you

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a huge presumption but Senegal are a vastly weakened side without Mané - and even with him they are ranked 18th in the world (one place above Wales) to England’s 5

Then again Argentina are ranked #3 & got beaten by #51 ranked Saudi Arabia so…

…it’s almost like the rankings are arbitrary nonsense.

2 Likes

Got to do fifa ranking multiplied by population to get the victory coefficient

1 Like

Almost

They’re a bit more reliable than tennis rankings though in the main

Well, obviously.

2 Likes

Rankings chat - surprised to see Peru so relatively high. Don’t think I could name a single player :thinking:

North Korea surprisingly high in the women’s rankings :open_mouth:

It’s like nobody is aware of their impending comedy last 16 exit, probably Lloris-related.

1 Like