Tuesday

Good morning all :sunflower:

Sorry to hear of all the colds :confused: hope you all feel better soon. I’m going to the doctors today because my leg has been numb for a week now :grimacing: its freaking me out.

don’t think i’ve ever had the flu. everyone’s had a cold though, shirley

1 Like

I get about four a year, ffs. Pretty sure my immune system’s fucked, but people in the West get one a year, no doubt.

Morning everyone.

After the relative chaos of yesterday am on for a pretty quiet day today.

Got to write a piece on benefits on the IT enhancement project I’m client for even though I found colossal bugs yesterday which, if I left unchecked, would result in your trains, dear DiSers, sitting stationary at stations for the better part of 7 minutes at a time. Granted, this is something they may do as a matter of course at the moment anyway, but at the moment it’s not something they are meant to be doing.

Tonight I’m meeting some school friends for a drink and curry and it’s just going to be a depressing reminder about how little I have in common with them now.

Whilst it’ll be nice to catch up, I’m not sure if I can hand three hours of Alan Partridge quotes, talking about Ross falling off a pedalo in Lloret de Mar in 1999, the trip to Krakow that I was too depressed to go on and life in the Immigration and Police services.

Might just get to the pub early and get modestly ruined before they arrive.

It finally happened: I was so convinced that I left the iron on this morning that I turned the car around and came home. Sat in the much worse traffic going into the 'bridge at rush hour. Took ten minutes to find a parking space back home. And of course I had turned the iron off.

I told work I left my laptop at home and will wfh now. For ffs sake.

Morning all.

As further evidence of my continued slide into middle age I am tonight going to be in the audience for next week’s Jools Holland show. I’ve just checked the line up, and there’s pretty much a 50/50 split between MOR twaddle (Paul Weller, Joe Bonamassa) and stuff that’ll be interesting (Villagers, Jakob Banks).

Still, it’s a night out eh.

3 Likes

This is a scenario that is all to familiar to me. The wedding I was at in the summer devolved into Partridge quotes after two days there as no-one had anything else in common anymore. It was a bit sad tbh.

1 Like

I really can’t be arsed with Jools any more but Neneh Cherry is on tonight apparently and I do like Neneh Cherry.

1 Like

JFC, Joe Bonamassa? Prepare for some absoute Classic Rock Magazine reader rock.

1 Like

My Dad is calling to our place for a few hours later while my Mam attends a course down here. Not sure as to what to do with him. Maybe he’ll want to play FFVII with me?

1 Like

I guess it’s natural to an extent that people’s interests diverge as we get older and whilst I am genuinely pleased to catch up with them, after about 20 minutes I’m conversationally spent. There’s nothing there for me to say of any interest to anyone except myself and there’s nothing they have to say that particularly interests me either.

Lawyer blues

“Back in my day we didn’t have all of this fancy MA-TEAR-YA! We had a dedicated mage - and we were lucky to have him!”

1 Like

I’ve got my bandana at the ready…

1 Like

I would but he has to drive my Mam home after her course AND there are zero good boozers around here. We’d end up in the hotel opposite my office. :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

Did this last night.

16 Likes

When we were in Ohio, I saw a lot of t-shirts that said “STEPH IS A GIRLS NAME”

What’s that about?

The only thing I like about him is his signature Epiphone Firebird. Would love one.

1 Like

@laelfy being in SF only makes me think of the best pancakes I ever had there. I want them NOW.

1 Like

Fuck, better not introduce him to FFVIII so.

1 Like