Turns out ducks don't like bread

I find it extremely endearing (in a hopefully non patronising way) that you could see some rats rummaging through bins and consider it adorable

2 Likes

First draft of “Sweet Soul Music” wasn’t up to scratch.

2 Likes

You should buy a pea shooter from a 1950s toy shop, then use it to fire the frozen peas at them that you were going to feed to the ducks.

With a bit of skill I could angle it so they’d bounce off their thick heads and go in the lake to defrost and be devoured by ducklings.

Would appreciate an answer on this btw guys

I was thinking about you yesterday jb, have you been to the rose garden in regent’s park? Reckon it’d be right up your street.

1 Like

How do you know that they haven’t got very warm beaks that can melt them really quickly? Or maybe they like them crunchy?

1 Like

Same with the queen

OI!

1 Like

An adult duck can handle a bit of bread, but small ducklings basically need to eat non-stop good stuff just to survive another night. They can’t afford to be caked up.

Do I have to wheel out my story about the Egyptian goose offering up her offspring to a seagull again?

I’m imagining Nigel Blackwell singing this.

2 Likes

Is that the Dad from that cartoon about that family that were safari adventurers or whatever?

That’s nige thornberry you spanner!

thought this was common knowledge?

1 Like

That’s the one!

Aww that’s a lovely photo spread :grinning: It’s been years since I’ve had a proper shuffle around there but it looked proper lush (as in verdant, it was quite peng too though), especially considering how dry it’s been. Those park wardens do a bang up job.

1 Like

Ah yeah, didn’t know that was his name

I would appreciate it.