TV Licence

Doctor Who looks like it has a budget of £35 an episode, and Planet Earth is just Attenborough running around with a gopro strapped to his head.

7 Likes

“do you ever look at something on telly like Doctor Who?”

“no”

4 Likes

I did on the weekend for a few minutes. Quite enjoyable.

MAKE SURE you use a new/clean tape though! A mate of mine did this when the inspector came round and he got rumbled when the microwave footage ran out and in to the previously recorded stuff on the tape. Worse still, what was left on the tape was him singing some naff song in to a hairbrush with his top off iirc.

2 Likes

you are aware that it exists though I presume

fucking hell this forum

Imagine opening the door and showing them your marriage certificate ahahahahahaha.

2 Likes

My grandad used to get mad about the TV license and when he got a letter from them he’d say, “License to TURN OFF more like.”

He wasn’t a very pleasant man.

The only people who get done are the people who admit to not having one.

They hire out a room in the local magistrates every couple of month and literally everybody who pleads not guilty walks away scot-free.

every time i think about TV licence vans I still think of Russel Brand’s Ponderland. quite funny, that show (can’t find the clip on YouTube)

Doctor Who Cares

Doctor Who, last of the Edge Lords

3 Likes

We didn’t have one in our house at uni, it was just the same 5 or 6 letters sent over and over - Started with ‘You should probably have a TV licence’ through to ‘See you in court’ and then back to the start.

And yeah, I think the assumption is everyone is watching a TV rather than them somehow knowing. When we were in halls in the first year, our kitchen had its own address (for some reason) and so got all those letters :smiley:

1 Like

They can’t catch you easily at all, they basically rely on people owning up.

To be honest though it’s not really that much money for the whole of everything on the BBC so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like