TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime/Apple etc series thread for 2022

It is enjoyable in how it stretches an already ridiculous premise to the point where it breaks, before sticking all the broken bits together in an even more ridiculous way (just like the train see)

1 Like

Absolutely bloody not.

The film is ok at best. Great acting carrying everything else. :man_shrugging:t2:

Shan’t hear it.

2 Likes

Waxy buildup?

A fifth series of Stranger Things? I mean I remember when the fourth was announced it very much felt like it should be the last. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

1 Like

Vaguely reminds me of some famous(ish?) British actor talking about getting a role in a WW2 film as Field Marshall Montgomery and he used archive footage to get the accent just right, which includes an inability to say the letter ‘r’ clearly and just an odd delivery. Anyway, he said on his first scene the US director yelled cut and basically told him to lose the ridiculous voice. (Ages ago, maybe I got the precise aspects wrong but the essential guts are right.)

Started watching Archive 81 on Netflix and thought the first episode was really excellent but my wife wasn’t really into it. I guess I’ll watch it at lunch but it’s not really the sort of show that will play as well in the middle of the day :frowning:

2 Likes

Really enjoyed it, real 70s feel like Rosemary’s baby or something.

2 Likes

No thanks, got the car.

That’s good to know. Started it last night and enjoyed it, nice quick pace to it.

1 Like
1 Like

ALF’s back, hopefully including in pog form

1 Like

Vote Melmacian t-shirts for everyone!

1 Like
1 Like

In bed with covid so started watching Yellowjackets.

Was really enjoying it until they had to go and introduce possibly supernatural bullshit

As a teenager, I was slightly massively in love with Emmy Rossum in The Day After Tomorrow so it’s kind of weirding me out to find she’s not actually that much older than I am

the best part!

1 Like