TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime/Apple etc series thread for 2022

I didn’t look it up while I was watching it but I was aghast and just wanted to confirm how daft it is.

1 Like

Does the 2nd series of The Golden Lotus have the same soundtrack?

Thought it was good at first but it became so repetitive it started making me feel both increasingly tense and irritated.

(I know you’re supposed to feel mounting tension but still)

Why is everyone watching the stupid ghost boat show when everyone admits it’s rubbish. Just stop! Do something else with your time!

10 Likes

But I don’t want to do something else with my time, I want to watch the stupid ghost boat show.

7 episodes in I’m in too deep to give up now.

1 Like

I’m thankful for it. It was/is on my wishlist, and I’m hoping the continued negative posting about it will stop me from watching it.

Having said that, it might just need one person to praise it and then I’ll ignore all of the naysayers and jump right in!

Just watched episode 1 of the stupid ghost ship programme

1 Like

I watched about 10 minutes of the ghost boat and stopped. Loved it

4 Likes

Was going to jump ship (wahey) on Ghost Boat two episodes in but the TV vetoed it, now I’m in for the long haul (wahheeyy) because it’s one of those shows that cynically withholds all its key information until the last episode (I’m assuming).

It’s a load of guff though, and not in a good way like “Dark”. And while I like the idea of a multinational/multilingual cast, in practice it just leads to endless scenes of one character monologuing to another character, who doesn’t have a clue what they’re saying.

Is Ghost Boat the same people as Westworld :poop:Cos it sounds a bit similar ?

No but it reminds me of it a lot

“ooh isn’t this enigmatic and awe-inspiring, not going to tell you what’s going on though lol”

1 Like

Ordinarily I would have stopped after the first episode but I liked Dark so much that I thought I’d give it one more go.

And then I found the problems the show has fascinating. I think you can learn a lot from poorly created television and I’m really intrigued by all the terrible decisions the writers have made.

I’m not a completist so I’m not driven to keep watching but I am enjoying how bad it is.

Also there’s next to nothing else on that I’m interested in right now. Maybe if there was then 1899 woudn’t be getting a look in.

Well I loved Dark and was going to watch this but you’ve all convinced me not to bother. Have plenty else to get through.

2 Likes

No it’s from the people behind Dark, Baran bo Odar and Jantje Friese.

The Westworld duo are Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan and in my opinion their work is so bad they should be in prison. Their new show is The Peripheral and I imagine it’s dreadful. Not going to bother finding out.

2 Likes

I’d watch the first episode perhaps. We might have enjoyed Dark for different reasons to you.

If you don’t like the first then stop because it doesn’t get any better.

1 Like

As I said up there I’d have much preferred it if they hadn’t done a sci-fi twist. Not everything has to be actually it’s the future, surprise!. There was another recent Victorian set show that did similar, the one with women with super powers, but that at least was fun.

Did you love the fact that the passenger ship with a thousand passengers doesn’t have its own doctor or chaplain?

Person of Interest was fucking great.

3 Likes

Peripheral is decent, worth a punt, but probably pretty stupid too if you stop to think about it for even second

1 Like

Well, I’m not on Ghost Boat Book, so I’m no expert on the make up of the crew on a ghost boat, but it does seem a little careless

1 Like

I didn’t see it. I loved Michael Emerson in Lost (which is obviously a divisive and massively flawed show in its own right).

I’ve got no shows at all right now. Might check it out.

Mind you, you don’t like Pavement so how can I trust you :wink: