TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime/Apple etc series thread for 2023

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters on Apple TV+ is good so far, much more interesting than the franchise that spawned it (skull island notwithstanding)

Just seen the first episode of You on Netflix.

It’s cheesy as hell, poor acting and shit script. Without sarcasm this fun trash viewing is going to be great for the next few months.

Judging by the “poster” on Netflix, the pervy stalker grows a beard perhaps in future series. So much to look forward to.

1 Like

I hated it. Gave up mid-way through the first season, but I think the missus got through all four seasons. She doesn’t talk about it, so I’m guessing it didn’t leave a lasting impression

1 Like

I’ve seen two now. Looks like total trash viewing.

I’m expecting some of the dumbest plot lines and plot holes on top of the dodgy acting.

You is great terrible fun for at least 3 seasons imho

2 Likes

Started watching Boardwalk Empire a few days ago. I recall seeing the first series back in the day, but I didn’t go further with it (I think it moved channel or something). You don’t hear people go on about it much now really - but I recall it being a massive deal at the time. Did the later seasons stink a bit? No spoilers please!

1 Like

i watched and enjoyed 2 seasons, but then dropped it. Felt like it was 10 episodes of build up for 1 episode of action, which just wasn’t a good balance for keeping me engaged

1 Like

I think it’s good and worth watching to the end. Just an absolutely ensemble cast and huge budget but perhaps lacked that key storyline to make it top tier.

1 Like

It got hamstrung when a major character was written out because the actor was a dick. Many of the other characters make no sense without him.

On the plus side Stephen Graham and Steve Buscemi.

Two of the very best!

load of rubbish BUT still watched every single episode and enjoyed the ride

3 Likes

Same here. The end to S2 is quite satisfying, but it also felt like I’d seen all the show had to offer. I knew I could leave it there without missing much.

Exact same thing with Orange is the New Black.

Anyone started Boat Story yet (BBC)? Getting v good reviews.

1 Like

Yeah I watched a couple last night, it’s good

2 Likes

I’m into my third and final month of my cheap Disney+ offer, are there any hidden gems? I’ve watched the Bear, Only Murders…and loads of Marvel, Star Wars, Walking Dead guff.

Rye Lane/The Banshees of Inisherin (if we are talking films on there too)

4 Likes

I am interested in it but the picture and description looked so cheesy on the iPlayer homepage. Is that the style?

Reservation Dogs?

Oh and make sure you watched Andor amongst the other Star Wars stuff

4 Likes

Thanks. Yes, I’ve watched Andor and Reservation Dogs - both are great. I’ve just realised that I’ve still got a couple of series of Atlanta to watch.

1 Like

just binge watch all of malcolm in the middle

3 Likes