TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime/Apple etc series thread for 2023

Subtle were amazing, too. Only saw them live once, but they slayed.

3 Likes

Yep, completely loved and binged Blue Eye Samurai! Hope a second series comes soon.

1 Like

Something else I have just binged, is the first half of Squid Games - The Challenge. It works better than I was expecting. Have to sit patiently and wait until the next week for some more episodes now.

finished the first season of Foundation, it’s so good! more people should watch it. apple spent all their hard earned money on it

6 Likes

think Murder At The End Of The World might be quite bad?! :sweat:

Started watching ‘The Crowded Room’. Utter, utter shite.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

1 Like

Watching now

Enjoying it a lot.

1 Like

Really enjoyed Episode 1 but genuinely laughed out loud at a few bits since then (and not for good reasons). Lots of annoying tropes and silly/clunky set pieces.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who recommended Fleishman is in Trouble - we really enjoyed it. Plot spoiler It was slightly marred by reading a review that said prepare for a big twist so I went through part of the series thinking that he’d murdered her and was having a disassociative event.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MattZeitlin/status/1728478455526830321

The incel energy of this

9 Likes

Caillou :joy:

4 Likes

What’s so bad about Skylar White?

Her husband was a self obsessed, power hungry, drug making/dealing murderer and she’s on the list :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Was just about to say this!

it’s so mad, I swear anyone who hasn’t watched Breaking Bad and only read about it online must start it up kind of bracing themselves for the inevitable bit where she guts a succession of innocent puppies

2 Likes

tbh one of the biggest criticisms i have of the show in general is how badly the female characters are written and how they are generally (especially skylar and marie) portrayed as stereotypical nagging wives. not surprised a load of very online people feel very right-on about hating them, the show almost tells you it’s the correct opinion imo

2 Likes

I thought she just seemed a little bit fed up of his bullshit?

2 Likes

I personally think that Saint Nick rarely puts a foot wrong but my god that book was shit.

6 Likes