TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime etc series thread for 2021

New thread here for all past and present TV/streaming series chat!

3 Likes

Watched an episode of The Leftovers with me mam. Might watch another

1 Like

Cobra Kai series 3 is on Netflix!

4 Likes

Finished The Wilds yesterday. Was good, daft fun.

4 Likes

We also finished yesterday. Perfect second series set up

Enjoyed it very much.

3 Likes

Watched another four episodes last night, think we’ve two to go. Very excited about The Serpent which starts tonight on bbc 1. It’s based on a true crime book I read a few years ago, always wondered why it hadn’t been made into a film

1 Like

Just finished Bridgerton. I quite enjoyed it although felt it lost a bit of puff once the duel happened and the wedding etc etc, got very predictable towards the end. I cannot get over how absolutely hideous the Featherington dresses were, truly vile!! Am forever glad i have grown up in an era where empire waistlines are not the norm.

Characters… Lady Danbury is a fucking legend, Simon and Penelope were good, I thought Mrs Bridgerton did a great job with not the most interesting character. Berbrooke was quite OTT but I enjoyed him giving off pure bad vibes from the start. Didn’t get on with Queen Charlotte at all at first but I warmed to her over the series. Pleased that I identified Lady Whistledown fairly early on.

Daphne is a bit too wet to like (and I am deeply troubled by her trying to force Simon to impregnate her… :grimacing: ) and Eloise is so annoying although I don’t know that she could have realistically been less annoying at that age in that era with those traits. I am really trying to push myself to be more sympathetic of Marina but she drives me nuts :see_no_evil: Wish they’d made the Featheringtons (Penelope aside) a bit more 3D as characters, particularly the mum, as with just a touch more balance she’d have been a fantastic villain.

And Simon is absolutely beautiful. My word.

1 Like

Glad there’s been a lot of love for The Wilds. Think there’s something there for everyone and it’s really good binge TV

2 Likes

It’s amazing and keeps getting better and better. I remember there were a couple episodes in Season 1 that were patience testing, but they’re worth pushing through.

1 Like

Started this today. It’s silly and fun as ever, though I think this could be the series it runs out of steam.

my girlfriend has been watching scandal of late, man it’s trashy as fuck. could easily get sucked into watching loads of it :grinning: :laughing:

Also finished the wilds today. Really enjoyed it. Who said it was suitable for kids on here :grinning:

1 Like

We just started on How to get away with murder.

Scandal goes absolutely bat shit very quickly.

1 Like

We’re a bit behind everyone else (we only got Netflix for the first time in November), but we’ve been able to watch a few series so far:

Russian Doll: yup, great fun and totally nailed the ending in a way that I wasn’t expecting, but which totally worked.

Unorthodox: one of the finest mini-series I’ve seen in a long time. Terrific throughout.

4 Likes

Murder on middle beach anyone??

Check out Unbelievable if you don’t already have it on your list

cw: it deals with the investigation of a rape in (I believe) realistic fashion but is handled very well in my opinion

2 Likes

Got that lined up, haven’t started it yet because of the festive feelings, but the decs are coming down tomorrow

Watched the first two episodes of The Serpent. Very good

about halfway through Your Honor it’s been great so far

1 Like

Anyone know how I can watch the new series of Fargo? I have a vpn but can’t make a Hulu account without a US bank/card.