TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime etc series thread for 2021

Been watching the North Water and I feel like Colin Farrell is dressed as an Eric Cantona cosplayer.

Just finished the second series of Back to Life. LOVED the first series and was initially disappointed in this second, it picked up a bit in the second half but still sadly not a patch on the first. Not convinced Miri’s dad isn’t Nick Cave time travelling back from 20 years in the future

2 Likes

Sex Education S3:

Better than S2 (although I seem to be unusual in having not really liked it), not as good as S1. First episode was gash but it got better.

The trailer for You S3 dropped today as well and the new avenue for the narrative actually looks reeeeally exciting

Well up for it.

Looking forward to the new Sex Ed, really enjoyed the series so far.

Started watching Only Murders in the Building last night (Hulu).

Anybody know anything about Squid Game on Netflix? Looks like a Korean version of Battle Royale only with 500 adults instead of the kids

Read about it last night, v excited to watch

Blitzed last night and this morning. Great to be around those characters and places again.

Only dampener was having Joe Wilkinson back. A shame for such a seemingly considerate/inclusive show.

1 Like

What did Wilkinson do? I’ve only really seen him on Taskmaster and occasional episode of 8 out of 10 cats.

Aw jeez that’s awful :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

Watched it all already. It’s good! Sort of more of the same, but enjoyed it still. Great characters in the show.

I recently found out an ex colleague is a writer on the show! She wrote episode 4. Crazy to see that.

1 Like

I started watching Brand New Cherry Flavour last night. So far I think it seems up my street - the first episode feels like it’s setting up something exciting and strange. One thing I’ll say is that it did do that thing that always irks me when something is openly influenced by Lynch - and it paid very overt homage to specific scenes from Lost Highway.

Still, I thought that for the first section of Under the Silver Lake too, and I ended up fkn loving that movie

1 Like

Yeah a few episodes in to Squid Game, really enjoying it. Like a lot of South Korean TV some of the acting is extremely over emoted but once you get past that it’s very good. Quite violent, fyi.

1 Like

Anyone else have an issue with Amazon prime app on sky adjusting the aspect ratio of films periodically? Just every now and again it stretches the picture every so slightly vertically and then contracts again a few seconds later.

Second season of The Other Two is such a hoot.

Start of Ep 3 of Sex Education S3 left a really sour taste in my mouth :frowning:

Been really good watching something episode after episode, week after week instead of binging an entire series in 2 days or something.

1 Like

Joe Wilkinson?

I can’t remember if that’s how the episode started

Christ, the vigil is getting fucking good. that ending to this weeks ep was :ok_hand:

3 Likes