TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime etc series thread for 2021

Seen it advertised the other day so checked out the imdb page it was showing as 9.5/10 so went in with pretty high expectations but it is so so bad. Just seems so cheap. That rating must be glitch

itā€™s been absolutely excellent so far.

Love the balance of the grimness/tension and the wee flashes of levity like when her Mum gets wiped out by the door and then their exchange when sheā€™s getting wheeled out of the house :grin:

3 Likes

I LOVE the mum so much. Sheā€™s excellent. I love it when sheā€™s playing on her iPad :joy:

2 Likes

and the popcorn bit :smile:

honestly hovering around perfect for me so far. so well made

1 Like

The Nevers isnā€™t very good is it?

Watched the first episode of Shadow and Bone the other day. Acting, scripting etc all absolutely dire. Afterwards MsGarnagle said something like ā€˜I donā€™t think Iā€™ve cared less about anything in my life.ā€™ Donā€™t think weā€™ll be bothering with any more of that.

Also, all the young attractive leads had that standard posh English drama-school voice no matter which part of the world they were supposed to be from, whereas all the older characters had regional accents. Bit weird.

1 Like

We watched 2 eposides and binned it off because it was so bad. :confused:

1 Like

Started getting into The Eddy. Pretty blatant in using music at key moments for massive catharsis but Iā€™m a sucker for it. Long may Chazalle force jazz on the defenceless populace

1 Like

Latest episode was great. That scene with the mum was hilarious. Fantastic show, really excited to see if it sticks the landing

Loved it. Really fresh. Just beautiful art; stick with it!

1 Like

Iā€™m enjoying Upload but also itā€™s instilling an utterly crushing sense of existential dread in me.

Julianne Moore, Pablo Lorrain, Stephen King. This looks very good

1 Like

and JJL :heart_eyes:

looks kind of exactly like the outisder which was fine but classic case of Stephen King ending shitting the bed. will no doubt watch tho.

1 Like

Keep meaning to watch this

1 Like

Another vote for The Pursuit of Love. I was prepared to hate it (posh people larking about on BBC1 on a Sunday night) but itā€™s genuinely funny and thereā€™s enough of an edge to keep it interesting. Plus I was not expecting Le Tigre and Sleater-Kinney to be on the soundtrack.

4 Likes

My Mum (in her 70s) thought it was too modern and quirky, so itā€™s a thumbs up from me!

2 Likes

Enjoyed it. Feels original, bit trippy/dreamlike in place, funny, very watchable.

It shits the bed towards the end but you can tell Covid hit mid way through filming, so canā€™t really blame them for trying to box it off relatively easily.