TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime etc series thread for 2021

Is this available in the uk or does it need stealing?

it was only on HBO on Friday and donā€™t think itā€™s got a UK release date yet.

thought this was pretty pointles fwiw, everyone already knows how badly it went and it doesnā€™t really offer much beyond a rerun of the events. lots of banal talking heads as per usual.

Just laughing about all the neckbeards losing their shit over the new Netflix He-Man series

get thee to the thread

Also intense, OTT ripped for no reason but it adds a v fun element to things to have a key police character being sort of a himbo :smiley:

(I need to type up my finale thoughts still)

Watched the first episode of For All Mankind. Well up my street! Looks absolutely gorgeous as well.

3 Likes

i used to enjoy going into reddit post-episode threads to see reactions, memes, discussions etc - either for ongoing shows like GOT at the time, or reading back into old Mad Men ones, for example

but I could never be bothered doing it for OITNB or any other shows that got dropped all in one go. I wouldnā€™t watch them on release day, and even if i finished them just a few weeks later it already felt like everyone had moved on from them, wasnā€™t fussed about discussing them ā€¦ they were basically relevant for a weekend instead of each episode having a week-long impact

still havenā€™t even finished OITNB as a result of that ffs

1 Like

and it was nice to have Ted Lasso back. Iā€™ll be honest it needs to go somewhere a little bit because, as nice as it is, it was a little samey.

2 Likes

Watched the first episode. Truly dreadful.

Watched the first 3 episodes of the first season over the weekend, love it!

1 Like

Binged Ted Lasso series 1 over the weekend and didnā€™t really enjoy it tbh. There was something really jarring about the phrases and words the UK characters used that took me right out of it every time. I donā€™t know if it was but it seemed like it was written by an American that had only briefly researched UK vernacular. Can def see why people like it though.

Also started The White Lotus on HBO, really good. Rich white people being terrible to each other and the staff of a Hawaiian resort. Quite fun so far and it looks absolutely stunning. Written and directed by the guy who played Jack Blackā€™s flatmate in School of Rock, crazy.

I thought it was alright Ted Lasso, agree with vernacular think ā€œgarbageā€ and ā€œparking lotā€ were the biggest offenders, donā€™t quite get the critical acclaim it is getting just seems like a slightly better done and bigger budget Mike Basset (the series). One thing I did really like though the team getting relegated at the end I mean it is obvious they are going to win something daft like the Champions League eventually and probably League Cup this series but, fair fucks for finishing it with relegation.

2 Likes

Knew there was something else and I know it canā€™t be helped but, use a less obvious football ground an anonymous bowl like the Emirates not something within 2 seconds you just go ā€œThatā€™s Selhurst Parkā€

2 Likes
3 Likes

yeah Uprising was amazing

think iā€™m gonna watch the crown but just the diana / thatcher season

Got emotionally turned inside out on first viewing, now flat out obsessed with this and a little bit concerned with how much Iā€™m relating to the line ā€œTotal disassociation, fully out your mind/Googling derealisation, hating what you findā€.

1 Like

Fuck

2 Likes