TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime etc thread for 2020

Dark

• worth the investment
  • start something else

0 voters

I donā€™t think sheā€™s too bad but I havenā€™t actually seen her in loads of things despite her being obviously very famous

iā€™m not overly familiar with her aside from this either but the acting when sheā€™s on the phone and is confused when she rings round the hotels looking for her husband and someone else answers, actually made me laugh out loud

Thatā€™s true. I do think itā€™s good though cause there seems to be a lot of things that are going on that make you go ā€œhmmā€

1 Like

It was Nicole Kidmanā€™s real life daughter (not sure who she is but my wife tells me she is in it).

Not sure.

I think its Nicole Kidman

If anyone isnā€™t aware, The West Wing is on All4, which is a very good thing.

1 Like

Not a spoiler but this gives away the plot in The Undoing:

Nicole Kidmanā€™s husband died in a war. She has mental health issues and killed her kids and sheā€™s a ghost.

4 Likes

I think it will be the son

nicole and hughā€™s son or the ladyā€™s son?

I find myself feeling incredibly dumb when I canā€™t figure things out. Maybe we will start something else then

It does become increasingly complicated but it all comes together by the end even if you donā€™t understand every strand.

1 Like

loved Dark

watching The Boys now. itā€™s pretty entertaining but feels a bit empty. not nuanced enough or something

1 Like

One of the very best shows of recent years, donā€™t give up!

1 Like

Paranormal on Netflix is excellent so far (Iā€™m only one episode in but think Iā€™m going to love it).

Anyone who (like me) was disappointed with Bly Manor should watch.

3 Likes

Sebastian Kurz as Zac :joy:

Me and my other half watched first episode of this last night and thought it was great, nicely atmospheric (we too were disappointed with ā€˜Blyā€¦ā€™) Love the lead character and the off kilter humour works really well.

Thanks for recommending :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you liked it. Have you watched episode two yet? Itā€™s a change of pace and a bit silly but episode three is good!

Not yet, will probably watch it tomorrow. I can feel my expectations for it lowering just a tad based on what youā€™ve said but I think the first episode has earnt enough goodwill from us that weā€™ll persevere with it regardless :grin:

Iā€™m on episode four now and can confirm the silliness of episode two is an isolated thing! Stick with it as episodes three and four are a return to what makes it good :slight_smile:

1 Like