TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime etc thread for 2020

Aren’t they planning to reboot it as a serious teen drama? Or was that one of those surprisingly well made fan trailers

I started Sara Pascoe’s one but didn’t make it past the first skit.

I also can’t bring myself to watch Katherine Ryan’s because I can’t stand it when comedians do an act their whole career and then make it into a TV show where they act in it?? It really bothers me for some reason.

Well actually I lie, I really love Mariah Bamford’s Lady Dynamite which is WILDLY underrated and largely ignored.

4 Likes

I agree with all of these words.

Notable exceptions I suppose are Flight of the Concords, Dave, Maron?

It was just a fan-made thing but has now been commissioned as a proper show.

Excellent show.

1 Like

It was both and I’m really looking forward to it. So glad it got picked up to turn into a series.

Must be so fucking easy being a TV executive

1 Like

Might start on the Coronation Street boxset tonight.

10,158 episodes. 25 mins each. Reckon I’ll be done sometime in May. Although if I want to sleep it might take a bit longer.

1 Like

Yes

Just read the book

2 Likes

Really enjoyed the Queen’s gambit, watched it all in one go, but did find it a bit… whimsical?

1 Like

The alcoholic mum was great though.

5 Likes

That was Marielle Heller (director of The Diary of a Teenage Girl/Can You Ever Forgive Me/A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood)

1 Like

Watched two episodes of Sister Sister and in both eps Tamera has done an Ace Ventura impression.

1 Like

Somebody stop them!

1 Like

Got 2 episodes left. It’s been fantastic. I don’t mind whimsical.

Dash & Lily is utterly ridiculous so obviously I can’t stop watching. Good music though.

1 Like

You still think?

Seems too obvious now

My first theory was they paid someone to do it but had 2nd thoughts at the last minute and were going to try stop that but doesn’t really fit with the method of killing

I’ve recently finished for the first time and still felt pretty good tbh

@Lo-Pan there’s a couple of good podcasts to go with it too.

1 Like