Definitely nobody saying ‘‘reading’’
TV sports are of course TV, but Documentaries are pretty much films
Please share your reasoning

• TV
  • Film

0 voters

Film cos less commitment to one narrative

1 Like

TV because these days TV series are like the best films split into digestible 45 min chunks.

3 Likes

TV
They show films on TV
They don’t show TV at the cinema

6 Likes

Films are a bit rubbish.

8 Likes

TV because The Simpsons Movie is a lot worse than proper The Simpsons

5 Likes

90% of tv is pish
only about 50% of films are pish

so films wins

1 Like

All TV is bad and so is anybody who’s ever seen it

6 Likes

But obviously books, computer games or pinging elastic bands at a wall over either of them

naaaah

accept that 90% of tv is pish, but films are at least 85% pish too

Much more TV than films though, so the 10% of good TV still outweighs the 50% of good films

1 Like

TV is just miles better. Films should be considered the same sort of thing as a novella to tv’s novel format y’know. They have their place, but most of the time you’ll read a novel over a novella, cos they’re just richer.

1 Like

Films have the best songs as well, they’ve got 9 To 5, Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Eminem’s rap songs from that film. What’s TV got besides I’ll Be Snookering You Tonight? Fuck all.

8 Likes

Have you never heard cartoon theme tunes?

Grandstand?

Ski sunday?

You’re off your rocker mate

2 Likes

film cos it gets me out of the house
except now it’s tv cos i’m stuck in the house

1 Like

Very, very generous

3 Likes

TV. Can just do more with TV serieses can’t you.

1 Like

It’s much more convenient to my point for me to ignore how much I live for cartoon theme songs, and I’ve not even heard of those other two.

(The BBC news theme does properly slap but I’d never watch that anyway)

remember with tv you’ve got like The News and Antiques Roadshow and Match of the Day or whatever else in amongst all the attempts to make something good

at least most people that make films are trying to make something worthwhile rather than just fill space

Films, no doubt. Far more of a concise vision/story that I find to be way more affecting and a much stronger vessel for personal development. Reckon there’s only like 10 good tv shows ever whereas there’s at least 11 good films.

Plus shit films are way more enjoyable than shit tv shows.

2 Likes