First question is about what will lead you to watch a TV show in the first place.
- I’ll start watching anything to see what it’s like.
- I generally only watch watch stuff that I’ve heard might be good from reviews or friends, or projects where I know something about the pedigree of those involved
So, you’ve started a show. If it turns out not to be your thing or not meeting your standards when will you bail?
- I am happy to bail out on a tv show after a few establishing scenes. I know what I like.
- I’ll always watch at least half of the first episode
- I’ll always watch the full first episode before bailing on a season
- You gotta watch a few episodes to give a show a chance, I’ll always do that
- Once I’ve started I’ll keep watching till the end of the season even if I’m hating it but I won’t watch the next season (unless someone says it’s amazing)
- Once I’ve started something I’ll see it through to the bitter end, every stinking episode of every stinking season.
For those of you who won’t bail, what’s your motivation?
- The thought that it might get better
- A desire not to be beaten, a need to rise to the challenge
- An obsession with completing things even if you don’t like them
Important point - these questions assume that you have complete autonomy and that there’s no one pressuring you to start or to keep watching a show.