TV shows influencing your life in a tangible way.

I had some bread with little anchovies on it the other day and it was delicious. All my life I’ve thought “I hate anchovies”, but it turns out that I actually think “I like anchovies”.

I realised that it stems from Futurama, and an episode where Fry’s pizza of choice has anchovies on it and his friends mock him for it. I think watching that as a young boy has had a profound impact on me, and that subconsciously I’ve avoided anchovies ever since incase people take the piss out of me for liking them.

Which cartoons and tv shows have influenced your life?

1 Like

I bought a Grateful Dead album purely because they were mentioned so much in Freaks and Geeks, and the dad in My So Called Life loved them

It was fine

1 Like

My attraction to Princess Jasmine led to me soliciting and obtaining a partner of middle-eastern/south asian descent

13 Likes

Oh yeah, so they did.

Got to say that I never really held any of those turtles in much esteem, so don’t think they played a part in my decision to not like anchovies.

1 Like

Twin Peaks made me try black coffee, don’t drink owt else now.

1 Like

Coronation Street

3 Likes

95% of my jokes are lifted from TV shows.

3 Likes

He-Man made me become the most physically powerful human on earth and sport a lovely blonde bob.

10 Likes

Sopranos made me start eating pasta with a fork held in my right hand.

5 Likes

I take anyone who betrays me out on a boat.

4 Likes

Ab Fab and Nighty Night have massively influenced my personality and most likely made me a worse person. But I do own some fabulous animal print shoes now.

5 Likes

I remember Home and Away heartthrob Dieter Brummer appearing on Live & Kicking or something, and he said that he only brushed his teeth once a day, so I started doing that. Then all my teeth fell out, thanks Dieter.

1 Like

'er indoors wasn’t allowed to watch The Simpsons when she was growing up, so we watched all of seasons 1 to 11 together. I think it was about season 4 when she said “half of your personality is just Simpsons humour, isn’t it?”

17 Likes

Do you actually eat said pasta? Or sort of stab at it aggresively?

1 Like

quite like to eat pasta when watching a tv show or movie featuring the mafia.

2 Likes

while breathing out through my nose, noisily.

Doesn’t everyone?

1 Like

Not so much 20-odd years ago, no.

20-odd years ago, I’d only ever had two types of pasta dish: spaghetti bolognese and lasagne. The former was eaten with a spoon and fork, the latter was eaten with a knife and fork.

On a more individual level, I’d not had a curry, or chilli or dish with rice in it that could be eaten one-handed either.

What horrors lie on the bed of Frensham Ponds?

Learned all my skills from watching Football Italia